Ignore Forum feature

triptolemus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
Has the Ignore Forum function been removed or relocated?

Will it be returning?

Edit: specifically, I am referring to the functionality that in the "New Posts" listing (and elsewhere I imagine), specific forums could be excluded from that listing.

Reactions: willmtaylor

triptolemus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
Hi.

Thank you for restoring this feature! Although ignored forums didn't transfer over during the upgrade, adding them again is painless.

Thanks again.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
It's crazy how much the mods/admin support that forum.
Not sure what you mean by support, but that section is a lot of work and headaches for us.

That said, the site owner has decided that it will remain; we understand his arguments for that, and we support him in his choices for what is after all his forum. But to claim that the moderators or administrators "support" the PRSI per se has no basis in truth.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Exactly my point. Waste of time and resources that could be better spent elsewhere.
We've dealt with quite a bit of that by tightening up how that forum is moderated. My point was that it's a stretch to say that mods and admins "support" PRSI, though I suppose it depends what is meant by support. We do support the site owner in his decisions.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
We've dealt with quite a bit of that by tightening up how that forum is moderated. My point was that it's a stretch to say that mods and admins "support" PRSI, though I suppose it depends what is meant by support. We do support the site owner in his decisions.
I read the comment as, “have to pour exorbitant amounts of time and energy to keep it propped up,” vs. “defend its ideals and existence,” but of course I wondered if I was simply projecting. 😉

Reactions: tgara and bpeeps

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
I read the comment as, “have to pour exorbitant amounts of time and energy to keep it propped up,” vs. “defend its ideals and existence,” but of course I wondered if I was simply projecting. 😉
I meant both, so if you take out the "vs" and replace it with "and", you've read my comment as I meant it. Yes, it can at times take a lot of time and energy, and at the same time we understand the site owner's reasons for wanting to keep it around and can support him in that reasoning.

We can have two thoughts at once. :cool:

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
I meant both, so if you take out the "vs" and replace it with "and", you've read my comment as I meant it. Yes, it can at times take a lot of time and energy, and at the same time we understand the site owner's reasons for wanting to keep it around and can support him in that reasoning.

We can have two thoughts at once. :cool:
The "site owner" is raking in the ad revenue from that cesspool while getting the mods to do all of the work. Nice system.

Reactions: tgara and bpeeps