Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadrap

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 6, 2009
Mayberry
Well after waiting for an iPhone on a reliable network in my area for what seems like forever, my wish finally came true. This isn't a Verizon love fest. It's an iPhone love fest. Whiners are going to whine, they have done the same thing for every iPhone launch. I for one, am finally content with my phone after going through a Palm Pre and several Androids. I imagine I will stay content until the next iPhone is released, but hopefully it will now always be an option on my network.

I am loving a phone that does what I tell it to without lagging. A camera on my phone that is second to none. A battery that will get me through a day. A great assortment of apps that look and work great. Heck I am already Jailbroken and using mywi.

So long live the iPhone and I hope it goes to every network with as many flavors as Apple can dream up.

Before the whiners start. Read below.

Cool Story Bro - yes I know.

Who cares - I do.

iPhone 4 is old - says who, still no competition.

AT&T vs Verizon - who cares, get what works best for you.

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
Well after waiting for an iPhone on a reliable network in my area for what seems like forever, my wish finally came true. This isn't a Verizon love fest. It's an iPhone love fest. Whiners are going to whine, they have done the same thing for every iPhone launch. I for one, am finally content with my phone after going through a Palm Pre and several Androids. I imagine I will stay content until the next iPhone is released, but hopefully it will now always be an option on my network.

I am loving a phone that does what I tell it to without lagging. A camera on my phone that is second to none. A battery that will get me through a day. A great assortment of apps that look and work great. Heck I am already Jailbroken and using mywi.

So long live the iPhone and I hope it goes to every network with as many flavors as Apple can dream up.

Who cares - I do.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I love my iPhone!

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm also loving mine.

mightygitis

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2011
Hampton Roads
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm feeling the love too. It is amazing. And everytime one of my friends who has an alternative touch screen phone I can see the envy. The responsiveness of this screen can not be duplicated right now.

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
you're so right. why would i want a phone that just works like you'd expect it to when you can get one that will occasionally delete all your texts and is a pain in the butt to use?

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric374

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2006
Wichita, Kansas
After having the Android and now the iPhone I have to totally agree with the OP, the iPhone beats Android hands down, no contest. I LOVE my iPhone!

tsolt

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2011
Nevada
I had two iphones and one android and well lets put it this way.. apples ios is so much smoother and cleaner!

mightygitis

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2011
Hampton Roads
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

blancoBronco said:
you're so right. why would i want a phone that just works like you'd expect it to when you can get one that will occasionally delete all your texts and is a pain in the butt to use?

You forgot about the poor battey life, sluggishness, and touch screen that never clicks right. But who's keeping score right? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Digitalboy

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2011
I love my iphone as well, i dont care if it becomes outdated by a new model because new apps are always made

Rodvette

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2011

Who cares - I do.

With all the threads infesting this forum lately after the Verizon Iphone release, I was beginning to believe I was the only one truly happy with their phone

I am glad the iphone is working out for you, I am loving mine as well and I doubt I will ever go with anyone else

I use to own a droid, it was awesome, but this iphone just takes the cake.

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
With all the threads infesting this forum lately after the Verizon Iphone release, I was beginning to believe I was the only one truly happy with their phone

I am glad the iphone is working out for you, I am loving mine as well and I doubt I will ever go with anyone else

I use to own a droid, it was awesome, but this iphone just takes the cake.
from blackberry to droid to the iPhone and boy what a difference!!! finally a phone that just works with no rebooting, force closing or lag. to think I wouldn't know any different had Verizon not gotten the iPhone. thank goodness they did and now I have one that works with my MacBook and my iPad can all be synced together. never thought these words would be said by me but....I love my iPhone

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I have had treos, HTCs, razors, instincts, and even an Android model or two. I had a love for each of them (I bought them didn't I). But after a month or two they lost their appeal.

The iPhone 4 however is still awesome after almost 8 months of use. I seriously love this device. Can't imagine going to anything else again.

Congrats on your new iPhone!

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Oh yes I'm a blind Apple sheep, I love my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008

Who cares - I do.

Ahhahahah! Good one!

...wait, you were serious? :eek:

iphoneIA

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2011
Iowa
I love my new Iphone as well. Coming from a Blackberry I really don't miss having to pull the battery at least twice a week. The iOS is smooth and easy to use. No more hour glass on my phone when it freezes.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
I'll jump into the lovefest for a minute. Been awhile. I remember being a hater of iPhone back in 2007. More against Apple. And I remember when I first heard about it in Jan 2007, I would watch the ads in MP4 form up until launch with my PSP. By the time I played with one for the first time in Oct at the Apple Store, I wasn't really that impressed. I guess because it didn't have the apps yet and missing features. Once I got a first gen iPod touch and iPhone in 2008 and had it jailbroken, my mind completely changed for iOS. Both devices has its flaws. It crashed alot because of the lack of RAM. Then the iPhone 4 corrected all those mistakes. It was the iPhone I always wanted but kept waiting for.

So far, iPhone 4 is not only the best phone I ever had, but maybe my favorite gadget I ever owned. Rarely does it ever crash and everything is so buttery smooth. I love it more than my laptop or any gaming handheld. And I am still in vanilla form and 4.0 too. I'm already so over the customizing stuff already. Been spoiled by it before. Realized pimping it out wasn't really something I needed for it. The phone is single-core, but who cares? Dual-cores not optimized for that OS just seems like a waste or marketing term like the megapixel count. iPhone 4 is still fast and lag-free to me. It may not open a website as fast, but what's the difference? Two seconds, maybe? No big deal.

That's why I've been supporting Sony's NGP/XPERIA PLAY and the Microsoft + Nokia alliance. Sony is trying to create a new ecosystem with PlayStation Suite which I think can be big for mobile gaming. While Microsoft and Nokia is also trying to create an ecosystem. That is like a big emphasis when you hear their announcements. Nokia's Symbian is an OPEN platform, but there is no control sometimes. Like the wild, wild, west. No authority. No rules. You need it sometimes. Apple controls it all, so it just works for people. Everything is quick, easy, efficient, smooth, etc. I'll probably switch to another phone to tinker with and expand my horizons. It's been already three years with iOS. I am a iPhone FAN, but I'm a Apple cynic sometimes. Love and hate thing. But so far, there is a reason why Apple is #1 in net profits. They know what's up!

So an ode to iPhone!

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
I also couldn't be happier. The 3G was ok, but kind of slow with newer apps. And At&t's network was nearly unusable. I would tell people that I loved the iPhone, but they might be better off with an iPod touch and regular phone.

Now, the iPhone 4 on verizon's network is what I have wanted from the start. Fast, fast, fast, smooth app switching, and consistent network speeds. I could care less that the speeds are a bit lower than before, because they a super consistent. I have yet to drop a call, and I am totally content.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.