Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bladerunner2000

Suspended
Jun 12, 2015
I was wondering why do Apple bother sending her a iPhone X to unbox or review? You might as well ask the cat.

You have other good youtubers like unbox therapy and others who don’t get a review version yet ijustine somehow manages to get one when she’s irrelevant when it comes to talking tech or reviewing it.

Both her and Unbox Therapy are suffocating and obnoxious. Can't stand their over the top fake personas. However, Justine's obsession with Apple qualifies as a mental problem... poor girl needs help.

determined09

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
She does exactly the same thing...how original :/
she should do her own thing, now she just looks like surfing on her sisters wave.
Her sister Jenna started a Youtube Channel at Ijustine's suggestion. Go to 9:35 is the reason why she started her own YouTube Channel.

Last edited:

TinaBelcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2017
She's so excitable. I like her. She's so inoffensive.
So, that's what it comes down to? Not about the information she provides about the products? I find her to be very uneducated. To me, she resembles Durdley from Harry Potter. A privilege child who receives 37 gifts from Apple to open, admiring how "pretty" the products looks for 5 seconds and then throwing them to the side. She is a fanatic, not an experienced user sharing valid information. She knows more about the stickers than the products... isn't she pushing 40? ?

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
So, that's what it comes down to? Not about the information she provides about the products? I find her to be very uneducated. To me, she resembles Durdley from Harry Potter. A privilege child who receives 37 gifts from Apple to open, admiring how "pretty" the products looks for 5 seconds and then throwing them to the side. She is a fanatic, not an experienced user sharing valid information. She knows more about the stickers than the products... isn't she pushing 40? ?
Of course it doesn't come down to "the information she provides about the products." That information is available from numerous sources, and she has never put herself out there as a product expert, much less a purveyor of what you call "valid information." It seems a bit ironic to criticize her as "uneducated" while ignoring or summarily rejecting what she is attempting to achieve -- even while she's "pushing 40."

venom600

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

What, precisely, does her age have to do with anything? You don't like her. We get it, move on. Age shaming? That says more about you than it does her.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
She's so excitable. I like her. She's so inoffensive.
I agree. I’ve always enjoyed her videos and never understood the negativity she gets from geeks online. She seems a nice person and I don’t find her offensive or irritating at all.

So, that's what it comes down to? Not about the information she provides about the products? I find her to be very uneducated. To me, she resembles Durdley from Harry Potter. A privilege child who receives 37 gifts from Apple to open, admiring how "pretty" the products looks for 5 seconds and then throwing them to the side. She is a fanatic, not an experienced user sharing valid information. She knows more about the stickers than the products... isn't she pushing 40?
Why does her content have to be about providing certain information that you deem acceptable though? There’s hundreds of reviewers out there that do videos with much the same content, and talking in detail about specs. iJustine has always just been enthusiastic and unboxed products with her opinions shared. Not every unboxing video has to have the same criteria and script.

‘Pushing 40’? You say that like she’s old or something lol. 40 is young

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
So, that's what it comes down to? Not about the information she provides about the products? I find her to be very uneducated. To me, she resembles Durdley from Harry Potter. A privilege child who receives 37 gifts from Apple to open, admiring how "pretty" the products looks for 5 seconds and then throwing them to the side. She is a fanatic, not an experienced user sharing valid information. She knows more about the stickers than the products... isn't she pushing 40?

She’s 36, I believe.

I think for me, it’s more about offering a breath of fresh air. I am subscribed to a variety of tech YouTubers (including MKBHD, Dave2D, Linus, MrMobile, Zollotech, Lawley, off the top of my head), so I am fine with each of them having their own area of differentiation, and that they are not just reading off the same scripts. It’s always funny when they are all promoting the same product (like that cordless vacuum cleaner some years back), and it’s times like this when iJustine’s bubbly personality makes it watchable at least.

Reactions: decafjava

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
So, that's what it comes down to? Not about the information she provides about the products? I find her to be very uneducated. To me, she resembles Durdley from Harry Potter. A privilege child who receives 37 gifts from Apple to open, admiring how "pretty" the products looks for 5 seconds and then throwing them to the side. She is a fanatic, not an experienced user sharing valid information. She knows more about the stickers than the products... isn't she pushing 40? 👀
Are you suggesting she didn't earn her success? That's what "privileged child" comes across as in this context.

Absrnd

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
Flatland
I have! Even more probably. She's lovely.

And..... you have not seen any " similarities" between all those video's ?

tumblr_mx4lvcZhnx1ssscxxo2_400.gifv

Reactions: AleRod

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Personally I take everything she says with a pinch of salt. I know she's (probably) not directly employed by Apple but she may as well be, I prefer to look at reviews from those who at least appear to be slightly less biased.

Also someone who can afford to buy all the expensive gear she owns as little more than office trinkets can't possibly have the perspective I need when I'm trying to decide what will suit my needs.

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
I think most just see her channel as Apples Marketing Team. Very minimal critique of the products as to almost just be unboxing and showcasing. So in that sense if you're a fanboy and just want to see if you want to upgrade or not I suppose her channel is more than sufficient. If you're not a fanboy and just need the right tool. Her channel is probably just gonna be one of the stops on your research journey.

Reactions: iDaniel88

BB1970

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2009
There's reviewers, and there’s what I call “overviewers”. iJustine is an overviewer. She doesn‘t get into testing and such that we geeky types want. She gives an overall impression type ”review”. If you want more detailed measurements, I recommend iPhonedo. He breaks out the noise and brightness tools etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.