Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
stoid said:
Except that thread is about iWork, not iLife.

I haven't upgraded yet from iLife '04, just haven't been compelled to. I would like to see more CoreImage and CoreVideo technology used in iLife, then I might upgrade.

Oh yeah, Sorry about that menziep.

iLife? well an e-mail app like entourage, because mail is Crud!

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
I hope iWeb is advanced further. The ability to enter your own coding easily, fluid widths, upload to FTP, more control over text etc.

Chris Grande

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2003
I would like to seem them build the iLife Media browser into iWeb the same way they did in GarageBand, it just seems cleaner then the floating panel. This would also be nice in Pages and Keynote.

menziep

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Why?

calebjohnston said:
I can't believe this thread is already started.

Apple need to start seeing what you want so its best to start early

Anyways i bet apple look at fourms to find out what you what.

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
I'd like the ability to create subpages in iWeb instead of having to use the "Blog" page for anything I want to have a subpage.

For example I'd like to have a Photo section, and then be able to link to other photo pages which could have slideshows....

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
I'd hope, and frankly expect, to see some serious improvement to iWeb. As the newest addition to the iLife family it has the most room for refinement and could be a good carrot to persuade people to upgrade if they get it right.

backupdrummer

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Chi town
I would like to see an FTP app integrated into iWeb with a site sync feature. Also, making iWeb better able to support templates would be nice.

In iPhoto i would love to be able to selectivly undo edits I have made to pics. I crop many of my images for different reasons. Websites, print pics, etc and the whole revert to orignial is annoying.

In iDvd I would like to have some more control over the look of screens maybe using hte layout enging in iWeb.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Oh - and some way to discard original images when you don't need them any more (as you've got loads of edits). It's annoying me because I can't use iPhoto Diet with iPhoto 6.

road dog

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2004
menziep said:
Apple need to start seeing what you want so its best to start early

Anyways i bet apple look at fourms to find out what you what.

1. they've already decided... they likely start thinking about 07 in december when they are putting the final touches on 06 and things don't get in

2. they definitely don't look at the forums... they have their own agenda and it's not dependent on what customers suggest.

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
road dog said:
1. they've already decided... they likely start thinking about 07 in december when they are putting the final touches on 06 and things don't get in

2. they definitely don't look at the forums... they have their own agenda and it's not dependent on what customers suggest.

Wow. A real pessimist.

Do you really think that Apple doesn't care what their customers want?

Of course they pay attention to customer suggestions, and I'll be they have people keep an eye on places like these forums to see if any good ideas come up.

Also, in software development, while some of the next version features may come from what didn't make it into this version, it's almost certain that their list of features for the next version is changing and growing.

As for what I'd like to see, here's a few things...

1) iWeb would be much better if it allowed you to do something as simple as duplicating an existing page. (I'm hoping that this might appear as an iWeb 1.x update before next year...)

2) I'd also love to see easier customization of iWeb templates, even if it's a separate package (i.e. an SDK), as this would promote the diversification of iWeb templates available around the web.

3) iDVD would benefit IMMENSELY from having guides. Just lining up text for the menus (when they aren't set to snap) is a royal pain.

That's all for now...

kgarner

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2004
Utah
sunfast said:
Oh - and some way to discard original images when you don't need them any more (as you've got loads of edits). It's annoying me because I can't use iPhoto Diet with iPhoto 6.
I'd rather they went to lossless editing where teh edits are just a text file of instructions that gets applied to the original. Then you could easily have different edits (like different crops or effects) for different albums without having multiple full versions of each photo.

Also an integrated backup system would be nice where it burns them to DVD or something, but still keeps thumbnails to browse through and then lets you know what DVD they are on when you need to access the original.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
pknz said:
I hope iWeb is advanced further. The ability to enter your own coding easily, fluid widths, upload to FTP, more control over text etc.
That's what I would like to see.

Also, I want iPhoto to arrange its photos nicely, just like iTunes.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Sharewaredemon said:
I'd like the ability to create subpages in iWeb instead of having to use the "Blog" page for anything I want to have a subpage.

For example I'd like to have a Photo section, and then be able to link to other photo pages which could have slideshows....

Easy. Just use separate pages that don't show up in the main menu up top and link them from another page via hyperlinked preview pics. That's what I am doing and it works flawlessly. Yeah it could be easier/better but for now it works.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
kgarner said:
I'd rather they went to lossless editing where teh edits are just a text file of instructions that gets applied to the original. Then you could easily have different edits (like different crops or effects) for different albums without having multiple full versions of each photo.

Isn't this similar to what they currently do with Aperture and RAW manipulation? Seems like I remember it being that way. If so, it shouldn't be too hard to extend that 'technology' to iPhoto as well. It would certainly cut down on the size of my Library!

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Diatribe said:
Easy. Just use separate pages that don't show up in the main menu up top and link them from another page via hyperlinked preview pics. That's what I am doing and it works flawlessly. Yeah it could be easier/better but for now it works.

I finally stopped being dense and made my photo areas in the same way. It's not as intuitive as it could be, but I like you said, it works for now.

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
pknz said:

iWeb is a consumer level program. It's made for people who don't really understand coding (and probably don't want to). So, I wouldn't hold your breath for any kind of direct coding ability.

For the rest of us, we can use iWeb and simply add our own coding after exporting. Yeah, it can be a pain, but that's the price we pay for wanting to do pro-sumer stuff with a consumer program... ;)

lemonidas

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2006
Iweb

I think its a great and simple tool, if you could have more freedom with the scrollbars maybe input frames like dreamweaver or smthn..and integrate smthn like Easy Iweb publisher in it..you could do almost anything you want for an easy to use web design program..

jrober

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2003
Heathfield, UK
Wow. A real pessimist.

1) iWeb would be much better if it allowed you to do something as simple as duplicating an existing page. (I'm hoping that this might appear as an iWeb 1.x update before next year...)

iWeb does allow this click on a page and do apple-D to duplicate.

John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.