iLife '10 2010 Expectations and wishes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Alvi, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Hi guys, i wonder what wishes and expectations you have for the possibly upcoming iLife '10
    My wish would be better themes for both iMovie and iWeb and maybe some editing for iPhoto even if i kinda doubt it :)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Editing for iPhoto? You can already do a lot in iPhoto.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. Jason Edwards macrumors regular

iPhoto
    Wish iPhoto would let you edit metadata especially keywords. I do not want to have to export a file in order to get the keywords written to it. Would also be nice if we had other options for organizing besides events. I wish there was a folder organization option with the ability to watch the folders for changes.

iMovie
    It would be nice if iMovie could read .mts files (along with other file types) directly. I have plenty of these files from my cameras but I have to use another app like voltaic in order to get them into iMovie because I didn't keep the file structure from the camera. Would like more templates, more control over titles and some cool special effects or the ability to use plugins.

Thats really it for me. Besides these few issues I really like iLife 09.

Jason

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I was very underwhelmed with iLife 09 so if there is a iLife 10, and I'm not sure there will be. I'm hoping it will have some more significant updates to the applications.

iWeb is long over due for an update, iPhoto needs some real features, not just the face recognition stuff. I'm sure iMovie could use a bit of refreshing as well but I really don't use that app so I can't say for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.