I'll buy an iPad right now.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KnowNol, May 15, 2010.

1. KnowNol macrumors member

If you can tell me how I will use it.

I already have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you can't figure out how you will use it then I'd say don't buy one. It's not a contest. No one cares if you buy one or not. I'm not being snarky, but it's like if I posted I'll buy a circular saw today if someone will tell me what I could do with it. Either you know why you need one, or you don't need one.

Honestly, I'd say go to the store and play with it for 5-10 min. If it peaks your imagination, great. Otherwise you have $500-900 in your pocket for something else.

3. KnowNol thread starter macrumors member

You already know money aint the issue, brah.

4. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Why do you need someone else to tell you what buy? Bizarre.

5. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

Eh, don't get one. Just read post here about how people love theirs.

6. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

It doesn't matter- why buy something you can think of how to use and let it sit around and collect dust?

When i saw it it was immediate how it could fit into our daily lives by replacing the Touches. No brainer.

We could use 2 more to stop the fighting over them though! How about you buy me a 3rd one? :D

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Like the others said, if you got to ask US, you do not need one.:eek:

8. KnowNol thread starter macrumors member

How about you earn it

9. wharzhee macrumors 6502

the first question wld be to ask is if its available for purchase before being able to buy one.

10. Streethawk macrumors 6502

11. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

12. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

What's the difference if you want to throw money away?

You buy it and don't have a use for it so it sits unused = waste of money

you buy it for me, it is used daily for hours by a kid with special needs = waste of money for you, but at least the product is loved

It was a JOKE..... but really, trying to justify why you should buy something is about the same to me as throwing money at strangers.

13. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

I ordered a 32GB 3G iPad from the online Apple store last night, based on the positive, and negative, reviews I read here, and watching youtube video reviews. I decided to purchase the 3G because I planned on using it a lot away from my home wifi and I didn't want to jailbreak my iPhone to use as a hotspot. I hate synching everyday, so I didn't want the hassle of having to micro manage my media content, so I went with 32GB. I knew exactly what I needed, in an iPad, because virtually all of the questions I would have posted in a thread have been asked, and answered, several times over.

The search button is your friend, mi amigo(a):D. After reading all that you can find on the iPad, hop over to BB, or an Apple store, and play with a unit. Only you can determine whether you want, or need, one.

Jude

14. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Money is always the issue. I'm hardly a pauper but damn if I don't take my BMW to the gas station that is a nickel cheaper. If you don't pay attention where and how you are spending your money you'll end up with none. Why would anyone spend money on a gadget they don't need? Would you go to a restaurant and buy yourself 10 entrees if you were not hungry? I mean it's not about the money, so why not?

15. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

If you need someone to tell you why you need it, then you don't need it. I knew that it was the right thing for me, because I have spent a lot of time wishing that my iPhone was bigger. This is perfect for those times. But if you don't see a use for it, it isn't for you.

16. PCClone macrumors 6502a

This is a sick joke, right? Can't you read the 100000 threads that answer this already? WTF is wrong with people?

17. Tinnitusdoc macrumors member

Frankly, I don't understand the purpose of your thread. Do you want advice, gather some opinions?

I've got the same combination (iPhone, MBP) and the iPad is in use for like 12 hours a day :D

18. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

No. Please don't buy one. The thought of you owning one makes me cough up blood.
    Is that the attention/answer that you wanted and needed? ;)

19. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I thought you were going to go with, "it will take one out of the hands of someone more deserving". :D

But coughing up blood is worse, can't have that! :p

20. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

Then get one. You'll love it. Or don't. Your choice. :rolleyes:

21. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Buy one and then box it up and send it to me.
    Now get to it. Boom.

22. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Lol I was going to say your line -but haven't we already used that one on the previous 99, attention-seeking losers? :)

23. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Smugly?

24. Safari King macrumors member

what the heck is "brah"? Bro?, brother?, cat?, my main man? what is it? Gang speak?

Wrong forum for you!