Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JefferyShin

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
your money? you mean your parent's money?

Ah, thank you for the correction. Well I did buy my MacBook with my own money... Regardless.

He said that money is not an issue, 'brah'. So he must have a lot of money to spend from working as a cast member of Jersey Shore.

Cartaphilus

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
If you can tell me how I will use it.

I already have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro.

Phrasing aside, you ask a legitimate question, and one I've tried very hard to form my answer to. The truth is that there is nothing functionally new about the iPad, and yet everything you do on it is different. My own MBP and iPhone get next to no use in the house since the iPad arrived. I remember the feeling I had waking up and realizing with a smile that I had a brand new Apple IIC waiting for me in the next room. The iPad is like that--such a visceral pleasure to use. And every new iPad-specific app is a revelation. Stupid pedestrian apps like StockWatch, The Weather Channel, Calendar, Contacts, and ABC.com just seem revolutionary. They really aren't though, and if you have an iPhone and a MBP, you won't be be able to accomplish one more material thing if you buy an iPad---you'll just be really happier doing the same thing.

But maybe you're not like me. Somebody gave advice here I'd second: go to the Apple Store and play with one for awhile. The iPad will tell you if you ought to buy it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.