Resolved Illuminated keyboard won't dim

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KALLT, Nov 10, 2008.

1. KALLT macrumors 601

Hey there,

Just received my MacBook 2.4 and already have an issue. The keyboard stays illuminated even in a room with bright lights on. I even put a lamp next to it, the illumination dims a bit, but is still on (only if I don"t hold the lamp right before the screen). I don't want to turn off illumination by hand, this is just disturbing.

I enabled "Illuminate keyboard in low light conditions". There is absolutely no 'low light condition'.

Is there anyone who has the same problem? Or a solution?

Grtz
    KALLT

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Try cleaning out the part infront of the ambient light sensor. Maybe its a bit dirty. However, my Al MacBook also does that (illuminating) in decent lighting at night. Don't worry, in broad daylight the keyboard is off.

3. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

same thing happens with my girlfriend's macbook, in a brightly lit room it turns on the light. I don't think it wastes too much battery so i wouldn't worry about it much.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

See, not much to worry about. However, if you feel it is an issue, just go to the Genius bar, they'll gladly help you out.

5. KALLT thread starter macrumors 601

Seems like the problem is solved. I don't know why, but now it works as it should... :S