MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

The potential of multi-touch technologies generate a lot of attention here at MacRumors. Apple has clearly invested in multi-touch and we expect that they will slowing introduce more advanced versions of the technology over time. One possibility that has been discussed is that of a large multi-touch tablet or keyboard. The larger surfaces could offer unique applications including gesturing interfaces.

iPhone developer Illusion Labs released a video today showing off what their current iPhone games would look like on a large multi-touch table. The technology behind this table is from TouchTech in cooperation with Crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RljkmXP-JX4

Both TouchGrind [App Store] and Sway [App Store] are available for the iPhone and iPod Touch, but the large table interface certainly adds to the experience.

While Apple's not expected to introduce a full multi-touch table, even a smaller tablet or multi-touch netbook could introduce a number of exciting new applications.

Article Link: Illusion Labs Demonstrates iPhone Games on a Large Multi-Touch Table

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
The iTable...I can hardly wait :rolleyes: It's gotta have software that makes sense to be on a touchscreen...

Bring on the multi-touch tablet!

Comment

Jayomat

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2009
that skateboarding game was pretty cool, can any one tell me how much it is? i dont have an iphone all thought i might cancel the bb storm now

3,99 €... i own it. i'd love to play it on such a huge screen :)

but just to make sure: on my ipod touch you can barely see 1m in front of the boards... it's not even close to be compared to such a screen. it's a totally different gameplay... nonetheless it's kinda fun in boring lectures ;)

Comment

MacMalv

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2008
England
touchgrind looks amazing on such a big screen. I wish the iPhone version was like that, so you could see the whole park!

Comment

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
Sorry to be a little off topic, but I'm convinced if there was a news story that gave everyone a million dollars for free it would still garnish negative feedback on the front page.

Comment

skball123

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2007
Can be used in the near furture I say. It actually reminds me of a Discovery thing i saw about future stuff, and they always show a person moving recipies around this table thing. They also show when people put things on it, it is syncronized on the table. Can't remember what the episode was called, but that is what I thought of as soon as I saw this.

Pretty sweet I say! :D

Comment

Jayomat

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2009
Sorry to be a little off topic, but I'm convinced if there was a news story that gave everyone a million dollars for free it would still garnish negative feedback on the front page.

always the same, sorry for the offtopic quote ;)

Comment

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX

I'd mark that as negative.... I'm anti-inflation :D

Comment

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
Haha, that looks really cool and fun but I don't see Apple doing a Microsoft Surface Table lol.

I could see this on a tablet or even a future iMac or Cinema Display that can fold down or something, or what about bridging this with the new patent for the super wiimote for Apple TV or using the iPhone or iPod Touch as just the multi-touch controller while playing on the big screen with Apple TV? That could be really cool with an SDK and App Store on the Apple TV. I really think Apple should take the Apple TV in that direction, it could be HUGE! :D

Comment

617arg

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2008
Enough with the games! Where are some actual productive uses of multi-touch? Drafting, 3D, animation, photo editing.................

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.