iloome .12mm Glass Screen Protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by calibrationx, Sep 23, 2013.

1. calibrationx macrumors member

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

It looks very nice. I like the price, but I'm skeptical as to if it is 100% glass or just some mixture.

3. calibrationx thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I'm sick of having to replace plastic screen protectors every so often. There are reviews where they smash it and it looks like it shatters but I don't understand how it can bend like that...

4. Tortri, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013

Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Here's a review of it, on the apple leather case no less. (Though not a thorough review)

5. SaintsMac macrumors 6502

I saw where Larry Greenberg did a nice review of this product.

I think I will give it a shot.

6. Tortri, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013

Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

For the price I ordered two. ($16.00). A glass screen protector that's ultra thin? And it's half the price of its competitors? I'm game.

7. agpatel macrumors member

Another review, seems pretty good, may pick one up. I got a MIME for my 5s, but may keep this one around for back up.

http://youtu.be/IBawhywa40o

8. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

The drawback is the 8H hardness. It scratches much easier than regular thick ones. MIME feather glass is probably the best way to go for thinnest and most scratch resistant.

There's gotta be something about the flexibility that takes away from scratch resistance.

9. calibrationx thread starter macrumors member

Is there that much difference between 8H and 9H though?

10. TheFlamingCow macrumors newbie

11. calibrationx thread starter macrumors member

12. 2k2tii macrumors newbie

It seems like the MIME feather might be the sweet spot. Thinner (& lighter) than sgp glas.tr slim nano & bodyguards pure, but maintains the 9H rating over the iloome.

Thoughts?

13. solo118 macrumors 65816

Sounds about right to me, but if somebody is price conscious then the iloome might be better.

For .03mm difference, and roughly $10 less the iloome looks like it could be a nice deal.

Personally I could get the replacement through Bodyguardz but I am pretty much done with them....

14. solo118 macrumors 65816

Update: I gave it a shot... just ordered the iloome through their ebay store.

I was going to go through Amazon, but it showed pre-order which seemed odd. I should have it by Friday or Saturday I will advise how it goes.

15. suprakc macrumors regular

Ordered

I ordered the iLoome Screenmate Flex as well. I was positive I wasn't going to put a screen protector on my 5s, It ruins the feel (as do cases). But this seemed on par with my standards, and I didn't want full tempered glass, it would make too much of a gap for touch ID.

Plus, I like that they package their products nicely. I will post my thoughts when it arrives, likely tomorrow. (I expedited it from amazon). And if it sucks, I'm going back to naked.

16. suprakc, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2013

suprakc macrumors regular

Thanks!

So I got the screen mate flex. Definitely everything it lives up to be. At a glance after installation, the phone looks naked, and feels naked too after a few hours of use (the screen gets smoother as the rough coating wears off, as per mentioned in the manual). I am a huge fan, as the surface of the protector feels just like the bare glass, and is thin enough to be near invisible and have minimal interference on that original touch ID feel.

The only caveats I have with it is the edges - I really enjoy the swipe from the left feature to go back in iOS 7, and sometimes my thumb catches the edge of the protector. No big deal, though, as I have learned how to avoid it and still have a smooth swipe.

Installation was a breeze - just follow the instructions, only took 5 minutes. WORD OF CAUTION!!-- Get it right the first time. Clean the screen and make sure nothing is going to land on it (dust). I began placing the adhesive side on the screen and noticed it was ever-so-slightly mis-aligned, so I pulled it up again to re-align (mistake). I ended up with a tiny spec under the corner of the glass and, although nobody else could notice it as i was showing it off, I knew it was there. The protector is so clear that it looks as if the spec is on the surface, not underneath. Moral of story: Get it right the first time.

Other than that, amazing customer service, and a really great product IMHO. The only one I would put on a new iPhone.

17. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Cool! I can't wait to get mine. It'll be in today or tomorrow. I miss the feel of glass on my phone. Thanks for the heads up on the dust.

18. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Woot, got it today! So far so good. Feels like glass the way I like it. And oh so thin too. So much thinner than the original glas.t for iphone 4. It puts the glas.t .4 thickness to shame.

I'll report any issues if I happen to come across any.

19. 2k2tii macrumors newbie

Thanks for the update

20. rjbeh macrumors regular

Pics please :D

21. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

per your request :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. rjbeh macrumors regular

23. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

24. corys00 macrumors regular

Thanks for the pics, are my eyes correct and the edges not rounded or am I just blind?