I'm amazed nothing ever leaks from Apple.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gix1k, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

How is that you have so many employees, a few disgruntled i'm sure, yet nothing ever gets leaked as to what's up and coming? We really know nothing until these Apple conventions. There are always speculations, but nothing really tangible, IMO.

2. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I'm sure the employees have a healthy fear of a company of Apple's size.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Because they all have electronic collars around their necks, set to explode if they ever start to reveal a secret.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It's because everything at Apple is very segmented. The people making the original iPhone software never saw the hardware until very close to the end. And the hardware people didn't see the software.

Everything is like that...you work on YOUR part and you don't need to know what you don't need to know.

What this means is that the information you have isn't shared by 10,000 other people. It's shared by 5 or 6 other people.

So good luck leaking your secret knowledge...with only a half-dozen suspects it will probably be a very short investigation!

That's why legitimate leaks are pretty vaugue. We heard the iPod Shuffle was going to be screen-less. That was a real leak and the person leaking that felt there were enough people who knew that that he could stay hidden. But if you ever hear a leak from someone who claims to know everything...well that's probably a fake rumor.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

This... Just google to see all the things Apple does to keep stuff a secret.

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

The 3gs was leaked about a week before it was announced as was the ipad.

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm also reminded of movie scripts. They usually spell a single (different) word wrong on every script. So if one ends up on the internet they just find the misspelled word and they know exactly whose script it is.

I've never heard of this, but I bet a lot of Apple prototypes have secrets on them...a black dot here...and extra fake screw there...who knows? Something small so that when it pops up online they now exactly which area of the building it came from.

All you have to do is float rumors like that around Apple HQ and trust me, people will get the idea very quickly!

Yep, that's the first time it becomes "safe" to do that. The factory has it. The shipping department has it. The web people have photos. The TV people have shots of it. At that point you can feel safe that what you have is the same as what everyone else has. So this proves the other stuff even more. This is the first time that stuff stops working.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

It's because they are so segmented internally that only the far higher ups can see then entire picture.

9. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Heavily compartmentalised - reminiscent of The Manhattan Project.

10. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

11. outphase macrumors 65816

It's like someone took the concept of programming stubs and applied it to a corporation.

12. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Not really. They had an idea with the iPad, but it was totally diff than what engadget and others showed.

13. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

That's actually pretty ingenious.

14. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Reminds me of the Monty Python sketch...