I'm Back Baby!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daviddcmd, Nov 24, 2010.

1. daviddcmd macrumors member

After a 6 month experiment with Android I am back to Iphone.

I found Android to be unstable. It was cool to customize your phone but with that I got freeze ups, re-boots and poor call quality and battery life.

So what did I miss over the last 6 months?

2. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

lol ... The Beatles :cool:

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You only missed an increasing amont of threads earmarking people's return from the Android platform making claims that don't seem to plague most of the Adroid-user population.

Welcome back.

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

iPhone 4 came out.
    A small, but vocal minority, along with media hysteria, created something called "Antennagate".
    Steve treated everyone to free bumpers until September 30.
    New iOS.

That about covers it.

5. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

I have an EVO. I find this pretty sad but I recently started carrying around my old, old iPhone 3G again. I use it when there is WiFi. I like the flexibility of Android but to be honest the most important difference that I see between these two for me are the keyboards and the battery life. Both are far superior on iPhone.

6. Phat^Trance macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

Welcome back to the dark side, the cookies taste better here :)

7. dgree03 macrumors 65816

dgree03

What phone did you have? 2.2?

8. Stein357 macrumors 6502

I have an HTC Desire, and I've found that Android just isn't as refined as iOS, but all the customization is fun. Going back to an iPhone soon though.

9. daviddcmd thread starter macrumors member

Strated out with the HTC Incredible. Really nice phone but I had to charge it twice a day.

Went to the Droid X next with 2.2. It is a great phone but it's really big and it kept restarting itself, sometimes during a call.

Lastly I had the Droid Pro. Physical keyboard, 2.2, but the battery life was not so good.

10. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

Sounds like you must be buying these phones off of contract....not that this applies to the topic but are you paying full price for these!? LOL

11. daviddcmd thread starter macrumors member

Only the last one I paid retail for.

12. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

They fit nicely here with the increasing amount of threads from iPhone users making claims that don't seem to plague most of the iPhone-user population. ;)

13. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

you missed 6 months you would've spent with your iPhone, that's what you missed

14. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

This is an interesting statement - I have a good friend with an Android phone. He claims he never has any problems with it. I've played around with it on a couple occasions and have witnessed numerous crashes and lockups, and he's got chargers practically everywhere he goes just to make it through the day. Yet he will stand by his Android phone all day while telling me how crappy my iPhone is.

He is also an avid Windows user, and doesn't consider re-booting at least once a day to be a problem. I wonder if the mentalities are related...

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

16. weirdlilwoman macrumors member

Along with the Kool Aid ;)

17. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I too took a brief hiatus, but for Blackberry instead aha.

I'm super excited to be back as well :D

18. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'll never go to the other side!!
    Had every iPhone going and loved them all.

19. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

20. zephxiii, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010

zephxiii macrumors 6502

heh, I really had to do that with my 3gs. The main reason I bought the 4 was for batt life which has been better, but I damn sure still have a way of charging wherever I go.

If he has to reboot every day, that is more of a user problem (or possibly machine). I usually go weeks on multiple windows machines without reboot, as do my users at work.

21. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

They say you can get used to hanging by your thumbs.

22. dgree03 macrumors 65816

dgree03

No problem here with my EVO, smooth as butter, fast, and my battery last ALLLLL day with wifi and bluetooth on. I always want to know what phones people are using, because I just dont get people calling it sluggish and non responsive??

I had and iphone and i had some sluggish performance every now and then.. screen wouldnt rotate, moving from screen to screen slow. But by no means is the iphone crap overall.

Ipad as well, in fact I will dump my ipad as soon as a viable Android equivelent comes out.

iOS is too annoying for me.

I also own a macbook pro, which I wont be selling. I love it.

23. coochiekuta macrumors 6502

i had the first android phone and it locked up if i collected too many texts. they patched it and never locked up again.

i didnt have battery problems per say. if i used wifi a lot, sure the battery would die fast.

24. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Welcome back to the light side. Glad that you were able to escape from the Dark Reptilian Overlords of Redmond Washington.

Yes the cookies taste better here because they are made by contented elves in a secret walled garden in Cupertino, California. :D

I have a friend at work who has an HTC, which I tease him about. It is his first smart Phone, and he constantly tells me all that the phone can do. But when I ask him to show me, he can't figure it out. It is not that user friendly. :eek: