I'm between a rock and a hard place

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by britneyfan, Oct 2, 2011.

  1. britneyfan macrumors 6502

    Sep 18, 2010
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

    My iPhone 4 cracked a month and a half ago and it honestly BOTHERS me so much. Every day since then I've been checking MR for the latest on the announcement.
    My train of thought was that it would be announced at the end of August. Nope.
    Early September. Nope.
    Middle September. Nope.
    Late September. Nope. Just wait a little while longer.
    Here we are in October. I thought having to deal with this and not using my insurance (which is outrageous for a phone that's already outdated) would be justified when I preorder the best and newest phone that we were all yearning for. Going to the store to pick it up would be delightful and I could throw this cracked thing away and live happily ever after.


    Now, this is what's going on:
    I waited for the same god damn phone forever when I just could have reluctantly used my insurance right then and there.

    This thing is fast enough. The chip doesn't matter to me. I do want a white one though and I don't want a refurbished one that I paid a fortune for. I don't want to lose my upgrade though when a newer one that's not a POS excuse for a refresh comes out this summer and we're all digging deep in our pockets.

    I really don't know what to do now. Help.
  2. greytmom macrumors 68040


    Jun 23, 2010
    Don't be ridiculous. Wait for Tuesday (it's two days away, for God's sake). Once you hear what's coming, decide if that's what you want. If not, then make new plans.
  3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040


    Sep 8, 2011
    Eureka Springs, Arkansas
    Get it fixed, out of pocket if you have to. If you decide to keep it, it's fixed. If you decide to upgrade, you have a newly-refurbished iPhone 4 to sell that will bring more than enough money to justify the cost of repairing it.

Share This Page