I'm done hunting...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by otis123, Jun 29, 2010.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

I've been to apple, AT&T and even walmart and no one has anything 16gb or 32gb, I've never had such a hard time finding a product, it's like apple is giving them away! My iPad was much easier to get, I walked right it, but with the iPhone, people are treating me like a pest! I WANT to give them $300 but no one wants to take it. I'm done with retail, the employees are rude, and this is just insane, it's just a phone. I'm just going to stick it out for my July 14th order.

2. Chimpware macrumors regular

Thanks for the update, hard to believe the store employees thought you were a pest:D

3. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I think they do want to take your $300, but they have nothing in stock to give you in return.

4. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

you cant help but become rude when your asked the same question 10,000 times a day.

5. Gagoots macrumors regular

+1. I don't really care anymore. I hope there's some serious backlash and fallout for Apple whom I am really beginning to hate as a company. They're so unbelievably arrogant and while I don't have much faith in consumers in general, maybe they will surprise me.

6. pintnight macrumors 6502

I'll take the $300.

7. hippo206 macrumors 6502

lol

8. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

Two words: Sold Out

Two more: Pre Order

Guys, people camped out for days to get their hands on one of these devices and here you come strolling up thinking you are some how more special then the next person.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If it was just a phone then you wouldn't have a hard time finding it in stores, you would have to wait another 2 weeks to get FedEx delivery, people wouldn't be camping out for it, and employees wouldn't get tired of people asking if it was in stock. If it was just a phone you probably wouldn't want one. I wouldn't.

10. stphnman20 macrumors regular

Just keep calling all the stores.. Apple, Att, BB, Walmart and RS.. They all get unexpected shipments so you never know.. Since you want to play with one right now, just go play with the display ones that they have at the apple store. :p:apple:

11. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

friend of mine walked right into an att store this morning and bought one, no line no pre-ordering, nothing. I was so jealous. I ordered mine last week and I'm going to have to wait till at least July 23rd.

12. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

Actually you can. People are paid to sell iPhones and activate new service. That's what they get paid for and if they are being asshats they need to be written up or fired.

13. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I'm with Otis. I don't remember it ever being this bad. When the 3G came out, Apple put up a web page that listed all the stores and what flavors were in stock where. All I'm told at the stores now is "keep calling back". Don't they have better things to do than answer 10000 calls a day?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has any store received shipments since their original launch day allotment? I have a feeling that Apple is halting delivery pending some kind of resolution on the antenna issue.

14. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

Yep, my dad got one at an ATT store today within 10 mins. He drove by twice earlier in the morning and saw long lines, came back later and got one almost right away.

15. redraidermacman macrumors regular

man, i read everyones posts about how hard it has been for them.....all i did was walked into walmart and bought one on the 25th.....sorry for everyones bad luck

16. BigJohno macrumors 65816

Yeah the city of San Francisco is completely dry. No one has it here. This is so frustrating! You would think they would have anticipated this and made double the amount!

17. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Same situation. For a phone that everyone seems to be complaining about, it sure is just about impossible to buy one. I've been to five stores today and about the same number yesterday. Absolutely no luck at all. I'm on preferred lists all over town, but still waiting. Evidently the people buying iPhones are completely ignoring all the bad press.

18. djgulia macrumors 6502

ITA. Reading all of the posts today of people who walked into AT&T and walked out with a phone in 10-15 min is frustrating. I've called multiple of ATT, Apple and Best Buy stores and they all say the same thing .No stock, don't know when they will get more and my only option is to pre-order and have it shipped in 7-10 days, which is useless since I already pre-ordered one 2 weeks ago. I may do one more round of calls tomorrow morning, but then I'm giving up and just deal. Should have never sold my 3G!

19. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Maybe you should have....
    reserved it
    preordered it
    stood in line thursday
    stood in line...TODAY?

20. animenick65 macrumors 6502

Some people had preorder screens that got locked up and couldn't get one through.

Some people have jobs, thus preventing them from standing in line all day for a phone.

Some of us have lives.

21. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

I pre ordered at Best Buy and picked it up on the 24th, it took like 20 minutes and I was out. Early bird catches the worm.

22. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried pre ordering, but it was just bad timing, and the AT&T store i called told me the fedex truck would be there in 15 min and that they were getting 32gb, I get there and some doofus with slick hair and a rainbow AT&T shirt told me they were all sold out at 7:30am, I asked about the fedex shipment, and he said "uhhh, no one should have told you about that" then "the truck is running late" and he asked me for my name and phone number, he said he would call me later in the day. Around 4pm I called back and apparently they didn't receive any iPhones. I work retail and I know it sucks, but I have the decency not to be a jerk to people. The apple store I visited was just as rude, I asked if they had any iPhones and I was just told "no" that's it. Just because I'm 19 doesn't mean I'm there to take pictures on iMacs, my money is just as good as the next person's.

23. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Im not saying you dont have to have one to get an iPhone. Even if you work by 8 you could stay all night and suffer through work. Its just sleep, it can be made up for.

24. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

I would of pre-ordered the minute they started on June 15th, or at least tried to, but I was on a cruise, where the computers on the ship were dial up speed. So I had to wait to come home to pre-order and settle for a July 14th shipment.

Of course I live in the new york/new jersey area so a iphone is near to impossible to find here, so my best bet it to wait it out and hope my order does ship on the 14th.

25. Resist macrumors 68030

You have to blame Apple for the shortages, they planned it this way. Even with the reported issues and the terrible economy, people are still buying the iPhone 4. You can create a higher demand for a product by good advertising and then limiting the supply.

Apple wants everyone to buy the iPhone 4 and get rid of their iPhone 1st, 2nd and 3rd Generation models. Apple even stopped including a sim card removal tool and dock, so we get less for our money.

Another tool Apple used was the OS4 upgrade. Doesn't run on the original iPhone. Runs like crap on the iPhone 3G, with less features. Even the iPhone 3GS is having issues with OS4. Apple doesn't officially allow you to return to the previous OS. And many of the apps aren't optimized for OS4, lots of the developers are releasing entirely new OS4 apps, making customers pay again.