Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samuraikiss

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Washington, DC
Please remember that you have had individual experiences with individual computers and individual sales representatives at your local store. It's productive to share these experiences, but using them to generalize about all stores, sales representatives, or computers of a certain brand is not. Even I'll concede that most Best Buy employees are not as knowledgeable as I would hope.

Thank you,
A Best Buy Employee

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Perhaps the employees you dealt with weren't as knowledgeable about a certain product as you were, but really, who cares? If you know so much about everything there, why would you allow them to assist you in the first place?

They weren't that knowledgeable but they were assigned to work in the photography section. That person might have been a new employee or a fill in, but it has happened in many other Best Buys around Maryland. I know a few employees personally at the ones in Baltimore County and surrounding areas and they agree, not everyone that works there is too bright, then again... that's pretty much everywhere.

When I worked at Ritz Camera.... oh boy.... that place can give you nightmares.

I still wouldn't go there for any advice or to make any major purchases (thumb drives is as big as I will go), same with Ritz Camera where they make the best prints around, but can't get your order right for the life of them.

jeff3221

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Well, after being back to the Geek Squad center two more times, they finally decided to get me a new computer. I asked if it was possible to put the money towards a macbook, but they said no. So that night, I went out and purchased a macbook (this was about two week ago). I have loved my macbook every second. So yesterday, I figured I would pick up my hp. The computer is okay, but nothing compared to macs. It is amazing how much vista copied os x (in my opinion). The greatest similarity is the gadgets on the desktop. I gave that computer to my dad and now I have the macbook for myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.