Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NiroshanMan

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
idk i don't like bright colors often. I Love my MacBook and its white shininess, but idk how the black and white contrast on an iPhone will work out. Black and black = sexy but black and white = clashing colors... Idk though i have to check it for real to know what you guys are saying.
Would you say its the same material as the case of a MacBook?

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
You can't hate on the black iPhone either though, it's one good, sleek looking phone.

I love the black for the super shiny, low key look. I love the white for the clean, vibrant look.

I wish Apple would include both backcases if it were possible to switch them up once in a while :eek:

Bindi

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
I got a good look at both in the store, before I bought...I just loved the black, but decided I loved the white, too...then when it came down to my turn...all they had left was ONE white iPhone so it was an easy decision for me...LOL I really do like it, and have to say that... black and white does not clash, at least not to us gals! I think white with a white front would have looked kind of odd, but maybe not!:)

jasincity

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
Summerlin--Las Vegas, NV
I never understand why people say the black front does not look good with the white back. No one (including the user) ever sees the two sides at the same time. If you're talking on it then others can see the white back as you hold it to your ear. If you're browsing online or playing an app game, etc, then you're only going to see the "black" side. Even holding it at it's side you see mostly white and the chrome on the bezel. I suppose if you placed it at an angle you could see both sides simultaneously but how often would you do that?

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
Both pretty but..... My white issues:

~ I would not want to be at a club or concert with a white. Would stick out like a sore thumb. Not stealthy.
~ Seems more kids/very young people are choosing the white..... Teens. Saw what had to be a 9 year old on youtube with a white. Tells me something.
~ Apple logo doesn't pop as well as the black. I like the pop on the black.
~ Writing on the back seems to stand out more on the White.
~ An Apple employee describing the White for the crowd called it a "GIANT TIC-TAC" Actually I think he meant Chicklet. It does.
~ Surely obvious if holding it up to take photos. Not always a good thing.

I like both and kept going back/forth - but the black is sexy/stunning/elegant whereas the white seems too blatant/not as cool/yes, more girl oriented/cutesy.

I'm a female, bought a black 16g. Still have the option to give the Black to my husband & get a white but I think I'll stick with Black. Putting a clear skin on it. Zero smudges forever. A clean Black iPhone is gorgeous.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
I originally wanted the black, but they ran out. I was going to just leave, but I decided to see the white and I fell in love. I didn't expect it to be so damned sexy. Pictures really don't do it justice. I couldn't be happier.

xSeanZx

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
I love my white one.

The black is so predictable, and the smudges on it are gross.

Anyone else notice that the black isn't even really black? It is more a of a really dark purple, violet. Anyone who has one, take a look.

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
white is the new black. just saw them both tonight and black is soooooo boring... I want an 8 gig white.. what there are no 8 gigers? white really is the new black

gibbyparada

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
Pictures don't do it justice

I saw the pics, and thought it was ok, but once I got it in my hand (and ignored the anti-theft device) I just loved how it looks. Its freaking amazing looking, and the black/white color scheme doesn't actually clash. I love it, and it is amazing:cool:

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
I tried to tell everyone beforehand that the white was the way to go.

I feel sorry for anyone who got stuck with a black phone.

Jookbox

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2002
the white was always my first choice. sitting in the dock on my desk, it will match nicely with the rest of my apple crap.

adamerr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2008
the white was always my first choice. sitting in the dock on my desk, it will match nicely with the rest of my apple crap.

all of my windows stuff is black and silver..
my whole computer set-up is...

so the black 8GB iPhone fit in nicely with this colour scheme.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
I saw the white one and the black one together and I think the white one looks better at first and it catches your eye but if you look at the black one after it looks much better.

Look at the end of this video.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
The white looked much better in person and the contrast between black front and white back wasn't bad at all. That being said, I still went black because it just looks better to me.

ikare

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
Canton, Mi.
You can't hate on the black iPhone either though, it's one good, sleek looking phone.

I love the black for the super shiny, low key look. I love the white for the clean, vibrant look.

I wish Apple would include both backcases if it were possible to switch them up once in a while :eek:

That would be cool, to be able to switch backs, a grey one would be nice...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.