im gona scream!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gimmeiphone, Nov 30, 2007.

1. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

iv followed the guide to unlock my 1.1.2 OOB iphone to use my paygo 02 sim, and i cant for the life of me get winscp working, iv tried both passwords alpine and dottie, made perfect sure my i.p was right, and its just not connecting, all i need to do is replace the lockdownd file and im done i think. iv installed bsd subsystem and openssh from installer im just so confused and pissed off now lol i just want my iphone freed!!

2. pablogott macrumors newbie

not sure if this helps, but you may have to adjust your router settings to make sure ftp/ssh or whatever you are using is going to your iphone's ip address.

3. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

I thought 1.1.2 hadn't been sorted for other SIMs yet? :confused:

4. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

sooo anyway i restored and resarted the whole process again and it worked perfectly, im running on an 02 paygo sim its great i cnt wait to show that div in 02 who was acting so cocky telling me i wudnt be abe to unlock it. in your face buttmunch! btw i followed the tutorial on hackingt0sh

5. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

I think he didn't unlock it, instead he activated it (And since he's on O2 it works). Since as far as I know you can't unlock 1.1.2 OOB phones...

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

True OOTB 1.1.2 iPhones are "unlockable" however, I am not sure whether it is a good idea to go from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 on a OOTB 1.1.2 iPhone

7. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

It won't change anything, because the bootloader will not change and therefore the unlock will not work.

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Make sure you connect via SFTP, not FTP.

And get a mac and use Cyberduck =p

9. sva macrumors regular

sorry to hijack the your thread gimmeiphone, but I'm having trouble geting access to my iPhone.

I've tried dottie and alpine, dottie is wrong and using alpine gives me this message in Cyberduck:

"I/O Error: Connection Failed
    sftp://root@192.168.0.8:22

Unexpected end of sftp stream".

Edit: Strange, I can connect using Terminal. Is this a problem with cyberduck?

Anyone know how I can copy a file from my desktop to the iPhone using terminal?

Any ideas?

Edit #2: Never mind, managed to do it in Terminal.

10. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

lol i did unlock my OOTB uk iphone to run on any 02 sim, im on payasyougo as im typing this lol, it was easy in the end. i didnt use cyberduck as im on windows but now i have no trouble at all connecting, im sort of a pro at modding my iphone now lol