I'm guessing invites go out to media on wed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Joybulb, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

9to5mac laid it out with good reasons. One can hope.

2. rndthm macrumors newbie

It is a portable phone... It makes phone calls, text, and gets info online! iphone 2g thru iphone 5 or what ever you call it they all do they same basic functions! Why would you upgrade when they all do the same basic functions?

3. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

I sure hope so! But yes, rumors are saying that Wednesday is when the invites could be released. We'll find out soon!

4. Saberon macrumors 6502a

I could care less about the 4S/5, I'm just dying for iOS 5.

I feel like the iOS 5 carrot has been dangling so close in front me for so long that I'm going to die of being teased with it. :D

5. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

Sure. :rolleyes:

6. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Lol so true. At the end of the day they all do pretty much the same thing. The person you just texted has no clue if it came from the iPhone1 or iPhone5, looks the same on their end. View a webpage, sure it looks sharper/clearer on the i4, but it's still the same webpage you see on any iPhone no big difference. Make a phone call, no difference between any of the iPhone's. E-Mail someone, doesn't matter which iPhone.

7. rndthm macrumors newbie

Sure what? Please explain why everybody is caught in this trap that they think they need to upgrade?

8. Joybulb thread starter macrumors regular

Joybulb

one reason for me to upgrade is the palm centro that I'm still using.

9. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

I need to upgrade this env touch that I'm still stuck with. :)

10. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I would prefer if invites went out tomorrow, but I guess I can wait til Wednesday. I need to upgrade from my HD2. The proximity sensor is now dead. My ear/face keep pressing stuff while I'm on a call. It's sooooo annoying!

11. Joybulb thread starter macrumors regular

Joybulb

The newest phone will 1. Make me cooler 2. Make me popular at the water cooler 3. Make my entire family jealous

12. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

ballers gonna ball son! uMad?

13. rndthm macrumors newbie

Mad at what? You are making no sence at all!

14. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

nvm noob!

15. Joybulb thread starter macrumors regular

Joybulb

16. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Haha. Yeah, the ONLY difference between the iPhone 2G and the iPhone 4 is the screen clarity. :rolleyes:

Yup, no big difference. The iPhone 2G and iPhone 4 run on the same 3G network? They have the same processor? They have the same graphics rendering? They run the same software? Same cameras? Same LED flash?

Yep, all iPhones are the same, no one should ever upgrade.

17. rndthm macrumors newbie

#1 I do not see how. #2 Alot of people still have 3g/3gs. #3 My family could care less about having the latest and greatest(My 3gs makes calls, text and get info online like all other smart phones that they have).

18. brendu macrumors 68020

you could?

19. batting1000 macrumors 604

My exact thoughts times 5 million.

20. aztooh macrumors 6502a

That isn't entirely true once iOS 5 is released

21. rndthm macrumors newbie

It is a 3 1/2" screen!!!! Like resolution make a BIG difference on suck a tiny screen!!!

22. Joybulb thread starter macrumors regular

Joybulb

1. Because you don't have an iPhone 5. 2. These people are not cool. 3. They are all planning on purchasing the iPhone 5, while you argue it's insignificance in forums

23. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

My sister-in-law a very successful business owner and MAC fan, still uses her iPhone1 she bought back in 2007, she sees no reason to upgrade quite yet, and she uses it all day long for her business. She did say the iPhone5 will be her first upgrade, just because the old one is showing it's age and not working 100% anymore.

My point is, you can text just fine with the first iPhone or iPhone4. E-mailing is no different. Surfing the web is faster and more clear on the iPhone4 but you still can read the news the same on the old iPhone1, not like your missing something.

At the end of the day the main tasks of a smartphone are done pretty much the same between the iPhone1 and iPhone4. Only major difference is gaming, but if you don't game on your cell phone it doesn't matter.

24. hitekalex macrumors 68000

hitekalex

You are right, no one NEEDS to upgrade.. The only things one truly NEEDS are water, food and sleep.

But some of us love latest & greatest technology.. fastest processors, best screen resolution, fastest wireless technologies, latest mobile features. That's what makes us happy and satisfied.

Similar reasons why some people choose to drive the latest Audi S5, while 4-year Toyota Camry would have done the trick getting them from A to B.

If you are happy with your 3-year old iPhone 3G (or whatever) - great, no one forcing you to upgrade to (or even care about) the yet-to-be-released iPhone5. Better question to ask yourself is why do you feel the need to come here and convince everyone in their errant ways?

25. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Okay. I didn't even really focus my original post on screen resolution, so I don't know what you're trying to get at? What about my other points? Care to address them, and give me more reasons I should never upgrade my phone?