I'm in love!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Nov 9, 2008.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Guys, I think I'm in love!!!! :) :) :) :)

But the problem is, it is with a girl that is 2 years younger than me and she dresses kinda emo. I never liked the emo style very much, but she is very nice! If I was to ask her out, I know a lot of my friends and kids in my grade would think I'm a freak. I haven't had a girlfriend in over 4 months. :(

I don't know what to do! I am 15!

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Dude, just ask her. Don't worry about what you're friends will think, if they're your real friends they won't think you're weird just because of who you decided to ask out.

Best of luck to you.

3. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

You're 15, so she is 13. DUDE, forget about it! Until your 18, maybe 16, girls are just a waste of time and money! Trust me! They just aren't worth it!

-even after 18 sometimes they are a waste of time and money...;)

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Oh jesus, love is so over-used these days it makes me want to vomit.

Not to be overly harsh, but you're not in love, it's difficult (at your age) to understand the difference between love and lust and all I can say is it's definitely not going to be the first that you're really feeling.

Rant over, answer to your question, I don't think you should bother, I've generally found "emo" people to be very self centred and demand ALOT of attention. But hey, maybe I'm stereotyping the ones that I know into a big ball of hate, plus the whole 13 thing doesn't help the situation either...

6. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

By ask her out, do you mean ask her to be your girlfriend? or go out on a date?

7. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

like either one idk! hehe.

okay, I kinda stereotyped, she doesn't cut herself or anything but she kinda puts on eye shadow and dyes her hair!

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wow! 15 or 51, if you are concerned with the way she dresses and what your friends will think then you are a) shallow b) not in love c) not ready for a relationship.

Love isn't caring how someone dresses or what people will say if you're with her. They should be happy for you, plain and simple.

9. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

yea but im kind of afraid that my parents or someone will label me. i hate being labeled!

10. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

TADA! we have a winrar

If you (OP) take one piece of information away from this thread, please let it be what jessica just said, because it is so very VERY true.

11. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Okay, I gotta think it over! I will reply when i made up my mind.

12. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

jessica is very right, but at your age you are learning to overcome that, and it can take some work. Besides, right now, I would think that your friends mean more to you than a girl, right? So, forget the word love at this point. Ask her, have fun, learn from it, and keep your friends too. Don't over-complicate things.

13. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

Not if they're your buddies. If they really are your friends, their job is to hassle you enough to be sure she's what you want. If you survive that, then and only then do they accept her.

This is only sort of not true.

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

:rolleyes: You hate being labeled? I have a label for you right now whether you date the girl or not.
    If you're not ready to see past whatever ******** label you've given her then move aside and let a real human being step in because chances are she is too good for you as she deserves someone who will respect her and everything she has to give. Even at 13.

Unfortunately, this type of behavior isn't something everyone will grow out of.

15. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

Don't let the thinking about it take 3 months like what happened to me. Trust me, that doesn't work too well.

16. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

:( :( :(

You actually kinda made me feel bad.

:( :( :(

im sorry

17. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

ITT: People who know about love are badmouthed by arrogant people that have reached the stage of "uber lust" which in their view = love. That and the occasional hurt story...

OP: Live your childhood/teenage days through and enjoy youth while you can, ignore the girl for now and have fun with your mates.

18. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

ok i guess im not going to go for it then since im stupid

19. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

And Jessica has the perfect advice.

If you'll let a label get in the way, you obviously don't like her that much, and if that label is truly a problem to you, it wouldn't be a good relationship most likely anyway.

It's not that you're stupid, but you do need to slow down and think about whether you honestly like her or not.

20. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Gah, don't be such a sour puss, take the advice given and make up your mind from there, don't be abrasive just because we didn't all go "YO SLAM DUNK THE FUNK MO F**KER GO HIT THAT SH*T SHOOP THE WOOP", you didn't get the answer you wanted but you did get some very credible advice, learn from it and you'll see later that at this point in life, relationships are effectively pointless... Sorry to burst your bubble :rolleyes:

21. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

does that make me a bad person though?

edit: schtumple you are very obnoxious.

22. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Ha, fine I'm out, go nuts.

23. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Tell her not to cut herself and dress like a normal person.

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Personally, I think there's a big difference between 13 and 15. It's only 2 years, but at that age, it feels like you're worlds apart. I guess if you were 18, and she were 16, it would be completely different.

25. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

No. You're 15, and I don't think that your intentions possibly make you bad.

They might be immature, but that's what this is all for, we're trying to help shape you into a mature person. That's what being a teenager is for, and every little experience helps. And this is bound to be an experience. Go for it if you feel you're ready.

To be honest though, until you're willing to recognize her for who she is and not let what other people label her as get in the way, it's probably not bound to go so well.

But try, cause you don't know until you have you know?
    That's my regret, she and I were ready and we let something small and irrelevant get in the way, so we never tried. And then when that was out of the way, she didn't feel the same.

EDIT: Way to be a stereotyping idiot, Mindflux. He's already said she doesn't cut. Somewhat relatedly, I'm tired of people bashing on emos.