Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laughingperson5

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2009
I'm not buying the new iPhone if it doesn't have the following:
2 GhZ processor.
A bigger screen.
1320947138947132894 GB Memory.
and for the small cost of $25 Dollars.

Anyone else with me?

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
threads like this reminded me how vain some apple fans are and a huge problem with the apple fandom. They are form over function.

At the end of the day the iPhone is a cell phone. Who gives a **** what type of phone you are using. I think people who want the general public to know what cool phone they are using are losers. It is one thing to show it off to friends. it is another to have the general public want to know about it.

I go with the thing of WHO THE HELL CARES they are you using an iPhone.

verks

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
:apple: Light up logo = Douchebagness x 1000, unless it lets you know you've missed a call, sms, mms, email, etc.

This would definitely be a good thing. If not, I hope there is a notification light for messages and missed calls.

somewhatvaguely

macrumors member
May 20, 2009
Ontario
wow. that's the last thing i'm worried about -_- most people will stick it in a case anyways and you wont even be able to tell.. hahaha

Indeed. Why do you really care anyway? It's not like it's useful, there's already an apple logo on there. Why don't you just stick a glow-in-the-dark apple sticker, then? Geez. I don't see the big deal here.

Why would Apple spend money/time to do something like that when they could have something that most people actually want, like a camera for the iPod touch?

Don't forget that battery that never needs to be recharged

Of course!

That seems way too bright for me. Especially for someone who operates at secret during the night/secretly uses it during every spare minute.

Even that wouldn't do most people much good. Do you often put your iPhone on the table face-down? ;)

I do, but only to hide the light and what shenanigans/games are on. So that would be so pointless.

mrpoovey

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
There are layers of stuff in between the apple logo and the screen, so this isn't an option.

I have seen done before it is just tiny black tubes that direct the light somewhere... it would take up a bit more space but I doubt it would be that much... plus its not like the light doesn't get to the back/sides anyway... I mean how many complaints when 3G came out were there of light leaks?

adamerr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2008
threads like this reminded me how vain some apple fans are and a huge problem with the apple fandom. They are form over function.

At the end of the day the iPhone is a cell phone. Who gives a **** what type of phone you are using. I think people who want the general public to know what cool phone they are using are losers. It is one thing to show it off to friends. it is another to have the general public want to know about it.

I go with the thing of WHO THE HELL CARES they are you using an iPhone.

+1

Seriously, its a phone.

Sure its an "Apple" product, but who really gives a damn.
Constantly upgrading to impress your friends with, sometimes, pointless features as improvements is not only a waste of money but is quite disturbing
:|

I know someone who went through 7 phones in 6 months (no kidding)... it's just silly.

Just my 2c

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
Even that wouldn't do most people much good. Do you often put your iPhone on the table face-down? ;)
Not trying to be a smart you know what.

But I ALWAYS put my iPhone on my charging station face down when it is not on me.

So the light actually having that function would be awesome for me.

And as far as the cases go, I am sure a light up Apple Logo will make the case makers very happy IF the shape of the phone itself doesn't change.

Gives them an excuse to have to make all new ones and make even more money.

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
A bit of an odd demand, but it would be nice if they incorporated some sort of Blackberry-esque LED notifier into the next generation. Red for missed call, green for new text, amber for email, etc.

Yes I know this is a concept but the LED next to the earpiece would be really nice. Light up back would look kinda silly.

Attachments

• 1242439701.jpeg
    1242439701.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 666

vinay427

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2008
A bit of an odd demand, but it would be nice if they incorporated some sort of Blackberry-esque LED notifier into the next generation. Red for missed call, green for new text, amber for email, etc.

Yes I know this is a concept but the LED next to the earpiece would be really nice. Light up back would look kinda silly.

Is it just me or is it some kind of invisible LED? :confused: If you implied that the LED was shown in that picture, I can't find it.

Ride9650

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
lol, exaggerate much? So I guess a few millimeters is "nowhere near". Sure for this gen it won't work but for next gen it is a rumored spec. Can't wait to bump this thread when WWDC is over to quote your little fit up there :)

I think someones brought this up already, but anyways

sure its close but, the screen + backlight is facing the opposite direction
Any exposed lighting is pretty much blacked out by the circuit board anyways if not scattered everywhere.

You would definitely need another LED in order to get the logo to glow brightly enough

cwwilson

macrumors 68000
Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Now here's what I don't get. The screen turns off when you put it close to your face so how could the logo glow if you're on a call? It would have to come from another source, thus, it'd be a waste of precious battery life.

Sorry but it'd be a nice if they could find a way to do it without going out of their way but honestly I'd take a RAM, CPU, and storage boost any day over a glowing Apple logo.

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
Is it just me or is it some kind of invisible LED? :confused: If you implied that the LED was shown in that picture, I can't find it.

I think it's the little light speck next to the upper speaker slot.

Yeah, sorry I didn't make that more clear. I think it would be better to have something more subtle especially for the business market. Walk into a meeting and have a light show every time you get a call. ;):rolleyes:

Having a huge light up logo would look like those light up batteries kids used to have on their phones about 5 years ago. :p

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
The iPhone could have a 30 day battery life, 1080p video recording with a 4/3rds sensor, auto focus, f/2.0 14-70mm lens with hotshoe, full bar LTE with 100% national coverage, Titanium 5oz case, OLED screen, full background processes and customization capabilities and people would still complain.

Agreed, especially if there were no external changes.

I don't get this obsession with looks ("it *has* to look different so others can see how cool I am") over function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.