I'm outdated! After 2 Months!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LeighAnna Jones, Mar 3, 2011.

1. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

How does this happen to me?!

My iPod... the a4 processor.

Now they're rolling out iPads with A5 processors!!

This September they'll have iPods with A5 processors too!

Noooooohhhh!

I'm still sticking to the vow of running this one till it can't even walk.

2. neko girl macrumors 6502a

neko girl

I would just think of it more like missing out on a $100 off sale..

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Come September, you may have a different opinion about keeping that current iPod ;)

4. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Just about everyone does, that's how apple rolls hehe

5. Irishman macrumors 68030

Two words for you "Buy Back".

It was in the superbowl.

6. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I resell my ipod every sept and get the updated version. It costs me about 50-70 bucks to use an ipod a year. $5.83 a month at worst. Not too bad.

7. MisturSrs macrumors newbie

When you buy any iDevice you need to keep in mind that they're going to show the NEWEST thing in a few months. By time they release that shiny new iPod they're already months in on developing the next one surely.

When you bought it, did you buy it because it was the newest thing, or because it suited your needs and did what you wanted it to? Because if it's the latter you can relax, since it's going to do what it was built for a few years to come. That is unless it's like the iPod Touch 2nd Gen running iOS 4 and then it slows down until they release a patch but HEY it'll at least last you a few years and be well your moneys worth!!

8. dime21 macrumors 6502

i'm tired of the tiny memory of my itouch and my air mac. i wish they'd make them hold more files. :(

9. MisturSrs macrumors newbie

If you have a Macbook Air with a HDD and not the newer SSD ones, you could always replace that Harddrive. If it's the newer SSD model I mean you COULD use a 3rd party SSD upgrade but it might be like pulling teeth.

After upgrading the air you could use HomeSharing to have more music on your iPod Touch when you're at home. It's not the exact same, but if you use both frequently you could always shuffle the music on the device based on current interests.

10. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

I've had my iPod Touch 2nd generation for two years and I have no problems with it. It still runs great and it's perfect for what I need. Mines jailbroken so I get all the new features and more. It would be nice if it was a bit quicker since I have a lot of tweaks, but I'm not complaining at all.

11. Awjvail macrumors 6502

You bought an Apple product. What did you expect?

It is commonly known (and the butt of many jokes and jabs at Apple) that they move very quickly when it comes to product releases.

12. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

rip off lol. you have to PAY to get into the buy back program? haha

13. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Wait. Hold on.

You purchased an iPod 2 months ago and you're concerned that Apple's annual update will improve the product in September, 6 months from now, 8 months after you made the purchase?

What's wrong with you?

14. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

No worries for me.
    The alternative is to live in a world where Apple doesn't update their products! :eek:
    So I'm happy the way things are.

You can maximize the time your iDevice is "new" by buying as soon as you can after a new release.

15. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Yes, you have to PAY $40 and then you get 50% back within the first 6 months. So for an 8GB touch, that's $75 back. You could get twice as much on ebay.

16. Davichi macrumors 6502

huh? Is this thread a joke?

iPod touch is still in A4 chip processor and there is no A5 chip inside yet. It will be in september. If you are talking about being outdated just because apple announced A5 chip in iPad, then you need go drink a beer and relax. Everything gets outdated. Same thing applies to everyone who just bought VZ iphone 4.

Reporting.

17. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

How about sticking to the vow of researching a little bit before buying a tech device? Apple is on an almost strict 'cycle'. If you check MR or gizmodo, or etc before a purchase - maybe next time you won't be completely blindsided into a sale that pretty much anyone at least '1/4' the way 'in the loop' could have steered you away from.

18. Irishman macrumors 68030

What retailer would buy it back for nothing?

19. aNYthing24 macrumors member

Technically, the iPod touch 4 came out ~7 months ago. Technology moves fast, what did you expect?

20. Casey01 macrumors member

I'm curious to how the cameras are going to be on this. If they're not going to be much better than I'll just buy the 4G right now. Because my Nano is on the verge of death and I need something to take videos and pictures.

21. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

Barely 5.

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

A well-kept Apple product retains its value. I'll be selling mine for -£75 of what I paid for for before the Gen 5 iPods are out. Even a slightly better display and A5 would be worth that £75 difference :D.

23. Tailpike1153 macrumors 6502a

Tailpike1153

I guess some people expect technology to be future proof. I'm just glad Apple doesn't use a remote kill switch to disable old/unsupported hardware.

24. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

The point was made here.

25. earth.razer macrumors newbie

That's not even legal, you sure have low expectations when it comes to Apple.