So until a month ago I had a decent white Macbook 1.83 C2D and a Mac Mini 1.83 C2D. I sold both and bought a single white Macbook 2.1 from the refurb store. I had to send that one back because of some annoying problems with the screen and keyboard. I then bought one of the new white Macbooks 2 weeks ago and had to return it this week because of 5 different issues (they documented it as DOA). One of the worst things is that I had bought Applecare off ebay and registered it (I know, I should have waited). I didn't want to swap out for another white Macbook yet, so now I have a registered Applecare plan with no Macbook. Apple cannot refund it because I am not the original purchaser and do not have the original receipt for it. They said it will sit in my name and if I get another Macbook they will transfer it to that unit. So now I have no Macs at all. In fact, my computer desk has no computer on it at all. I have a server and a Vista box in the basement, but that's it. When upstairs I have to share my wife's PC and she hates that. I guess I should add a little about what I do on these computers. I use them for email, web surfing, web development (iWeb), photo editing, computer checkbook stuff... I sometimes go into Windows with Fusion and do some VBA work in Excel. I want to edit some home videos eventually (I'll convert my old video from MiniDV on a Windows box if I end up with the Macbook). I don't game. We are thinking of picking up a Wii for playing some games at home, but we are in no way computer gamers. I've been flip flopping on different ideas and I'm just getting confused. If I don't get another Macbook I'm out $120 for the Applecare plan unless I find a friend with a Macbook who wants to register it under my plan and then I can transfer the plan to them. Here are my ideas: 1 - Take a 3rd stab at this and buy a refurbed Unibody Macbook 2.0GHz. This will let me keep my Applecare plan and give me a nice laptop. I'm a little worried about the screen. All that glass scares me. I was paranoid as it was just carrying the Macbook in my bag (Timbuk2 Commute). How durable is the glass on the Macbook screen? What are the odds that I'll get a THIRD bad computer from Apple in a row??? 2 - Buy another Mac Mini (now if I can find one on the refurb page somehow, or later in a month or two if they refresh them, ha!) and then get a netbook like the MSI Wind or Samsung NC10 as a handy little portable for email and surfing. 3 - Get a 20" iMac from the refurb store and get a netbook for portability. I'd sell my 23" HP LCD since I wouldn't need it with an iMac and the money would help out with the netbook. I keep flip flopping all over the place on this one.