I'm so glad I didn't get an iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bandolier, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

I'd feel like an over-eager, greedy, impatient fanboy once the new iPad comes out this year. I can't wait until the new iPad.

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

its going to be until at least July/August for the upgrades.. if somebody needs them now then why would you wait?

i think the rumored iPadv2s look ugly anyway.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

congratulations, You know I hear there will be an iPad 3 coming out eventually, and you might want to wait for that then you can be glad you didn't get the underpowered iPad 2.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

oh damn i forgot about the fact that companies updates products. >.<

ill just wait until they announce the discontinuation of the product so i KNOW that im getting the very best offer :)

5. ApplesAOranges macrumors 6502

I´m waiting for the new iPad 2 too. I hope it will be great!

The first one wasn´t for me and I´m not sure that the second one will be either, but I´m hoping. I hope it would be more like a "real computer", if you know what I mean. The MacBook Air could be also for me, because of the Mac App Store is out now with all the same cool apps (little pricey though still) and I would get a better web browsing experience with the MBA.

6. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

Yea, I am thinking the ipad 2 will be ok, but unless it is a huge upgrade, I will stick it out with the 1 and wait until I need an upgrade.

If it is uber awesome, I will convince the wife I need it and gift her my old one... ;)

7. Pinnoks macrumors newbie

Cameras

I wanted the first ipad so bad, but the lack of a front facing camera was the deciding flaw for me. I will most definitely be getting the next one, providing it has a front facing camera, which is almost certainly will. If it doesn't, then it will be a foolish mistake by apple, as they wont be anywhere near as competitive next year with the 10+ new tablets coming out.

8. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

apple did not make a mistake not adding a camera. most people would have not used it and it would have made the ipad cost more.

9. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Just think less then 13 months until they announce the iPad3. I hear it has a camera on all sides (and top and bottom) plus a virtual flip down keyboard.

10. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

You heard correct.Also comes in White!

11. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I feel sorry for you. You have such a douchey world view.
    I've thoroughly enjoyed my iPad for the last 3/4 year. How does "I can't wait until the new iPad" not mane you an "impatient fanboy" for version 2?

12. Hooksta macrumors member

+1

My expectations are that the iPad should be at least as good or better than an iPod Touch.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think you would be better served to wait for the iPad 3 because you could be painted as a fan boy :rolleyes:

Seriously, if people have a need now, they get one now. If they wanted to wait in line for an iPhone, iPad, Mac. Who cares. I mean are you like 12 and scared of being called a fan boy.

People buy apple products like the iPad because they want to. I for one don't care what people call me, and I'm also not married to the company. Apple is producing the best products that fit my needs.

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Bandolier, you make little sense. I'm glad you're excited about a product that has no release date as of yet. I'm sorry you base your views on, wait, what are you basing your views of the rev A iPad on? Oh that's right, nothing. So you're happy you waited? Good, keep waiting while others enjoy their iPads.

15. Pinnoks macrumors newbie

Of corse most people would have used it. It would have been used endlessly by business people for video conferencing on the go, pushed for skype to develop video calling for the ipad a lot sooner, skype having millions of users. This also goes for msn and facetime. If they released the iphone 4 around the same time, and it had the front facing camera, then to me is says that they just want more money. They didn't put a camera on the first generation ipad so that it would be a major factor in people buying the second generation ipad, with a camera. This would increase the number of sales enormously!

16. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

No, you will feel like a bell-end because you'll realise you've been missing out on iPad awesomeness since April 2010

17. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Each to their own, but I've been enjoying my iPad since April, and have derived immense pleasure and value from it.
    When iPad 2 comes out, will I get it? Yes. Will I sell my first gen? No. I sold my first gen iPhone, and now regret it, as it was in great condition, and would've been a great thing to keep in my collection.

18. Pinnoks macrumors newbie

I have a question for current ipad owners. Do those who bought wifi only models regret it? I think i am going to buy a unlocked mifi modem and use that with a wifi only model, if that is what they will offer for the ipad 2.

19. craig1410 macrumors 65816

craig1410

Occasionally but I suspect that I would begrudge paying for yet another data plan if I did have the 3G model and would end up wishing I had spent the 3G money buying a larger memory capacity instead.

Seriously, it is very rare for me to be in a situation where I need to access my iPad and don't have WiFi nearby that I can use. If such a situation does come up then i have my iPhone 4 anyway. I am happier with my 32GB WiFi iPad than I think I would have been with a 16GB 3G iPad. If money is no object then of course go get a 64GB 3G model but in my case I had a budget to stick to and I'm sure most people will be the same.

Hope this helps,
    Craig.

20. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

Not at all, it crossed my mind about buying the 3G version, then I thought back over my past year and if I had an iPad over the previous year, would I have used it out and about.

My honest answer to myself was no, so I went for the WiFi only model.

And guess what. I've never taken it out of the house since buying it. Apart from down the bottom and top of the gardens to see how strong my WiFi signal was, so a 3G model would have been a total waste of money for me.

Only you can answer this as it depends if you want to use your iPad in the middle of a field, at the beach, or somewhere away from a WiFi signal.

21. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I did at first, but MyWi and a £10pm 500MB tethering 'bolt-on' from O2, means that I don't have to worry about topping up.

22. Pinnoks macrumors newbie

How much space have you used on your ipad? Is 16gb enough, or do you really need the 32gb? Thanks,
    Jake.

23. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

No, although I don't take my iPad with me very often when I go out places. If you have a jailbroken iPhone or an Android phone (I think) you can configure it to act as a wifi hotspot for your iPad. I have only had to do this twice since I have had my iPad though.

24. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I am glad I got mine the day the 3G iPad was introduced. I would like the iPad2 when it comes out, but glad I got my 3G in the mean time!

25. Cuddles macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

Judging by your signature...I'd say you are that fanboy, and you just didn't have the opportunity to get an iPad.