Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

habeebhashim

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
Singapore
Oh, no, that's not what I meant. :eek: I was making a suggestion to lscangus to repair his.

This glitch of an occasional dropped frame is so minor I would never think about it again.

We're talking about .5cm strip of tearing right at the edge of the window, only after much contrived wiggling.

:D but still.... it's teeaaaaarrrrriiiiiinnnnnnggggg :p

Must be perfect :apple:

kidding

mvnjpy

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
If its the m290x they all do it. I've been through 3 everyone had the problem. I talked to a genius at my local store and he said he's seen quite a few come back with the issue.

I played a bunch with the m290x imac in the apple store, and I could not reproduce it. Opened a bunch of browsers all on the youtube page and played a bunch of videos. Doesn't have this issue. Maybe it's an artifact of the m295x getting too hot and throttling?

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
Have tried stressing the m295x in my iMac5k but it didn't do crazy graphic things like in the OPs YouTube vid at all. It ran fine except for some overall slowness due to the high load of the machine (which is to be expected).

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
I played a bunch with the m290x imac in the apple store, and I could not reproduce it. Opened a bunch of browsers all on the youtube page and played a bunch of videos. Doesn't have this issue. Maybe it's an artifact of the m295x getting too hot and throttling?

The issue OP showed on YouTube is definitely not performance related because it's not how lower fps looks, no, this is some strange tearing that looks more like some screen refresh rate problems than frames per second.

I have an M290X and never have anything similar. Sure, the fps may drop here and there in unoptimised apps (looking at you Evernote!), but this type of tearing just doesn't occur. And dragging windows around is normal.

It is NOT common behaviour for M290X. It moves windows around really smoothly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.