iMac almost certainly coming very soon

Discussion in 'iMac' started by santaseve, Jul 7, 2012.

1. santaseve macrumors newbie

Has anyone noticed price drops for the 27" iMac? Yep, $100. This probably means a refresh, what do you guys think?:apple:

2. iMcLovin, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012

iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

100 off, not on apple store ? that would have meant something.

100usd discount from other places aren´t exactly something new.

I just checked store statuses, Im sad to say it seems they got new stocks on best buy...and amazon.com seem to have 3 new left for the entire last week... meaning they are selling nothing at the moment...That says something, amazon.com has 0 sales of new imacs for a week.
    But, this article weren´t exactly spot on...though its really dry on the market:
    http://www.appleinsider.com/article...c_drying_up_as_ivy_bridge_upgrade_awaits.html

Question is when Apple will care to do anything about it.

I doubt we will notice the imac disappear completely from stores just before the next imac release. Simply because Apple has waited too long this time and the remaining iMacs just aren´t selling anymore.

3. SHates macrumors newbie

Or it could mean Apple are trying to encourage people to carry on buying the current model for as long as possible until a new one is released later in the year. I don't recall the MBPs dropping in price before WWDC? (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

4. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

You can't possibly know that. I suggest you run along now kid.

5. RebornTheGame macrumors member

RebornTheGame

I suspect stock at resellers will remain at low levels because they aren't selling very many units at the moment - because folk like us are hanging on until the new model arrives. The resellers don't want stock left on their shelves when the refresh happens so they've got two pretty good incentives to keep their stock low.

So we're going to keep seeing low levels and/or delays in shipping until that magical day happens.

I think the resellers are in the same boat as us: they believe the refresh will happen sometime soon (or soonish) so they're in a holding pattern.

6. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

7. Dillus macrumors member

If the last few months have taught us anything, it's that fluctuations in retail stock are an indicator for nothing at all. The internet was full of articles saying "stock is so low, new iMac must be coming within next few weeks!". They were all wrong.

8. santaseve thread starter macrumors newbie

9. lucasfunkt macrumors 6502

Not in the UK in the last month. Same since just after WWDC.

10. sukai macrumors regular

I don't know much about apple history ans how they do things but i got a strong feeling that it willcome out with ML this month. I read that that's how it was with Lion also.

I just can't see why they would not release it with ML specially since a refresh is long due. Plus if they are held for october they would miss out on the back to school promo. Like everyone has said, or most, everything is there except retina which personally i don't see why they would release it this year. Rmbp was somewhat of a test just like most will agree on and its too soon for another one, specially on a giant 27' screen. Even if they did offer a retina version along with non retina i still feel it is too early. If there is no retina by the emd of this year then a safe guess would be 2014. The iMac screen resolution can hold off that long.

To many thijgs point to a release with ML. A release along side ML being the main one.

11. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

iMac and Mac mini launches to coincide with ML sounds the most plausible. An October ship date makes no sense because in October the only thing that is going to be plastered on Apple.com is the new iPhone.

The Macbook Air shipped with Lion last year and I suspect the iMac and mini will ship with ML end of this month.

12. rovex macrumors 65816

That would also mean no retina, since Apple would undoutbedly reserve this feature for one of their keynotes as was the case with the Retina Macbook pro at WWDC.

13. sukai macrumors regular

Indeed and if it doesn't come out this month with ML honestly I don't know what to think anymore. A lot of people who have followed apple's flow will be confused and what not. Though that flow has already been disturbed with iMac refresh expectation quite a bit.

14. Slow Programmer macrumors regular

The prices on the USA Apple store are the same as always.

15. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I saw BEST BUY put a $165 discount on the 27" iMac a week after it came out, and I confirmed the sale price was on the newest release.

They told me that it was Best Buy's 'sales cycle' that was the reason and nothing to do with Apple's release timing.

16. sukai macrumors regular

sale cycle that happens every year before a refresh :D

17. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Correct. No change at least since WWDC.

18. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

Yes, but that's one store. We're talking about a bunch different vendors at once. Maybe it's just speculation that's driving all of the supply shortages and what not. You never know.

19. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Apple store prices haven't changed. Stop making a fuss.

20. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Another reason resellers are keeping stock low is many businesses are struggling. It makes no spence for them to tie up lots of capital in stock if they can get stock in from apple pretty quick. I would love to say this is a sign of an impending refresh, but it could just be prudent resellers. Hope your right though.

21. cooky560 macrumors regular

cooky560

you'll forgive me for being more than sceptical about this "news"

22. Lancer macrumors 68020

Lancer

Not here in Australia.

23. harcosparky macrumors 68020

Just finished my morning cup of tea.

Looking at the tea leaves I can see the words ....

" iMac Coming When Apple Releases Them "

24. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Lawl.

Ps. I love tea.

25. dast1g macrumors regular

dast1g

I just rang compu b, a premium apple re seller here in Ireland and asked about the 27" and they are all out and once I mentioned that I may wait for mountain lion to release he told me that maybe I should :D