iMac and Keyboard Stock Dwindling?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Mac4Ever reports that French wholesalers and retailers are out of stock of iMacs. Meanwhile, other Mac4ever readers have received emails indicating the Apple keyboard is not presently in stock.

Both items fuel rumors that the iMac and keyboard are getting an imminent upgrade. Rumors have pointed to August 7th as the first possible date for the upgrade.

Article Link

paulyras

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore
Any word on Mac4Ever's credibility? I've never heard of them.

That said, all signs seem to be pointing to the 7th. Looking forward to it...

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I'm definitely holding off upgrading my G4 iMac until a new one is released, but even then, my priority will be buying a new MacBook pro first. Regardless, can't wait to see the new design and specs!

ATG

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2005
Today! Today! Today! :p

Seriously, I need this update. Only 1.46GB left on my HD and it seems pointless getting a new one if the iMacs are coming soon. Plus this computer is dog slow.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
That keyboard makes me want an 8-core Mac Pro :) The current keyboard just does not match the pro towers.

Clive At Five

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2004
St. Paul, MN
Apple Store online U.S. says 1-3 weeks shipping for keyboards.
:( I can, took my keyboard in to be serviced last week and still no word on it... they said it was very likely to be completely replaced, but another week without a keyboard will be annoying.
Maybe this is sad, but I believe these report moreso than Mac4Ever.

New iMacs soon then? I'm eager to see if the keyboard matches (or at least resembles) the ones we saw in photos last week. That would rekindle my faith in the rumor mill.

-Clive

TantalizedMind

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2007
I just bought another Apple keyboard about 3 weeks ago.
It was the only one on the shelves at that time.
My other Apple keyboard came with my G5 in 2003 and it was not pretty. That keyboard had more hair than my cat!

I'm glad a bought another keyboard.
The photo of the new (rumored) keyboard is hideous!
If your going to make it aluminum, don't add white!
And flat keys.. I'm not a fan of those.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I just bought another Apple keyboard about 3 weeks ago.
It was the only one on the shelves at that time.
My other Apple keyboard came with my G5 in 2003 and it was not pretty. That keyboard had more hair than my cat!

I'm glad a bought another keyboard.
The photo of the new (rumored) keyboard is hideous!
If your going to make it aluminum, don't add white!
And flat keys.. I'm not a fan of those.
You know that the keys on the Apple Keyboards are extremely easy to pop off, right?

I've had to clean up quite a few keyboards at work doing that. Now putting all the keys back in the right place takes a bit of memorization. :rolleyes:

TantalizedMind

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2007
You know that the keys on the Apple Keyboards are extremely easy to pop off, right?

I've had to clean up quite a few keyboards at work doing that. Now putting all the keys back in the right place takes a bit of memorization. :rolleyes:
Yeah. But 4 years worth of hair, dirt, food, and special sauce would need a power-washer and a lot of Goo-Gone.

PinkyMacGodess

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Distribution stock check.

ALL models are sold out except for the low end 17" iMac.

Those that are out of stock are showing ETA's of mid-July to mid-August.

Postdated ETA's aren't all that unusual but it's the idea that some of the ETA's are over 2 weeks ago!

Something big is happening. Either Apple has some big stuff coming, or they stopped manufacturing because of the typhoons or other manufacturing issues.

Stock on the MacBooks are good but the MacBook Pro's are sold out except for the high end MacBook Pro 17" (over 400!).

Nano stock is relatively high and apparently the silver nano isn't selling well (huge stock).

Do they still sell the U2 special edition? I see stock of that.

All of the disk based ipod's are in low or no stock. Those that are in stock are all in white.

The ipod Hi-Fi is out of stock too.

It could be nothing, but then again...

Maui

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2007
Yeah. But 4 years worth of . . . special sauce would need a power-washer and a lot of Goo-Gone.
So would your arteries. :D

Can't wait for the 24" iMac refresh. It will replace my wife's XP box -- our last Windows PC.