• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

224343-imacmbp_500.jpg

Digitimes claims that in addition to a new iPad revision, Apple is also planning on upgrading both the MacBook Pro and iMac in the first half of 2011.
The sources noted that Apple plans to launch at least four upgraded MacBook Pros as well as an iMac that features a new panel size and a price point for the mainstream market.
The Macbook Pro was last updated in April of 2010, so a first-half 2011 revision seems likely. Digitimes' sources believe that four new MacBook Pro models will arrive at that time.

Meanwhile, the iMac was more recently updated in July 2010, and the new claims describe a "new panel size" and "price point".

Article Link: iMac and MacBook Pro Upgrades in First Half of 2011?

Last edited by a moderator:

Woodcrest64

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
when lion comes out maybe? or not

I think we'll see a speed bump and a NEW GPU. It will probably come out before Lion I'm guessing.

I'd like to see Blu-ray added and 512mb of video ram in all of the MacBook Pros with 1GB option. I think I'll have to wait till pigs fly before we get Bluray.

Comment

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Great now every other post in the Macbook Pro forum is going to be "What second/minute/hour/day/month is the macbook pro going to be available for sale and can you tell me everything it's going to have because you should know".

Guess i'll hang out in the Mac Pro forum for a few months :D

Comment

asdf542

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
Really interested in what panel sizes Apple will change to on the iMac. 16:10 again please?

Comment

xraydoc

macrumors demi-god
Oct 9, 2005
You mean iMacs and MacBooks will get updated sometime in the next 6 months?

Way to uncover those scoops, Ric Romero!

Comment

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Really interested in what panel sizes Apple will change to on the iMac. 16:10 again please?

No they would rather to 16:2. Wide and short is cheaper to make. LCD screen cost depends on square inches.

Same for the current "glare" screens, the anti-glare coating costs money and it seems people still buy.

Comment

InfinitySquared

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2010
US
Gah I hope not. 15" is the sweet spot.

I'm inclined to agree, though I think that sweet spot is actually 13." ^.^

Have you seen the 14" HP Envy though? It's actually a pretty nice size, for someone who isn't looking for a super portable laptop, but doesn't want to haul around something too large either.

Comment

JKK photography

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2009
I'm inclined to agree, though I think that sweet spot is actually 13." ^.^

Have you seen the 14" HP Envy though? It's actually a pretty nice size, for someone who isn't looking for a super portable laptop, but doesn't want to haul around something too large either.

Love the 13" size. So glad I got the MBP 13", which replaced my 15" inch Dell.

Comment

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
SWEET! I'm pumped. I have the 2008 aluminum MBP. Got it a couple months BEFORE the new unibody MBPs came out. I was so mad. But it's the monster 17" version. My computer is fine for now, but maybe I'll get a new one if they do a complete refresh in Q1 2011. I'm talking new industrial design and everything! :)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.