Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Don't buy it. In my opinion, they're worthless. (YES, I'm aware that they work) but still, old technology... meh.

Let's point this out,
80GB HDD
512RAM
1.6GHZ

I have no idea why you would want to 'edit some footage' on a 1.6ghz, 512 RAM computer compared to your shiny, sparkly, fast new Macbook.

Oh, it doesn't come with an OS disk so you need to find a leopard disk because snow leopard won't work.

tom2847

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2007
Don't buy it. In my opinion, they're worthless. (YES, I'm aware that they work) but still, old technology... meh.

Let's point this out,
80GB HDD
512RAM
1.6GHZ

I have no idea why you would want to 'edit some footage' on a 1.6ghz, 512 RAM computer compared to your shiny, sparkly, fast new Macbook.

Oh, it doesn't come with an OS disk so you need to find a leopard disk because snow leopard won't work.
Hahaha you're probably right. Someone at my work wants it for browsing. Do you think its even worth that?

Hisdem

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
South Florida
If it's only for browsing, get a cheap PC, really. $249 for an iMac that may perform worse than some netbooks isn't worth it IMO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.