Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philipz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2006
Can anyone share me their impression of the new iMac keyboard? First of all, is it any more silent than other keyboards? We have the computer in the living room, and my girlfriend would appreciate a more silent keyboard than my current one when she's watching Desperate Housewifes :)

Is it more convenient than the old ones, and if so, why?

Anyone using the wireless keyboard? Any significant keys missing here, apart from the numeric pad?

Thanks,

Phil

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
Can anyone share me their impression of the new iMac keyboard? First of all, is it any more silent than other keyboards? We have the computer in the living room, and my girlfriend would appreciate a more silent keyboard than my current one when she's watching Desperate Housewifes :)

Is it more convenient than the old ones, and if so, why?

Anyone using the wireless keyboard? Any significant keys missing here, apart from the numeric pad?

Thanks,

Phil

its so good to touch and type...you dont have to press so hard and its much quieter then other keyboards...i love it

the wireless is not out yet

RRK

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2007
USA/Ohio/Columbus
I really like it. The shorter travel on the keys at least makes it feel like I am typing faster. About the noise, I think to make a quieter keyboard it would have to be silent which is actually a type of feedback that I think most people would miss.

mward333

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2004
I really like the new wired keyboard too. (Putting humility aside, let me say that I am a very fast typist, and I actually use the Matias Tactile Pro 2.0 on my MacPro at work.) When I get home, I am just as happy on my new iMac wired keyboard. The new wired keyboard feels great and (in my opinion) has a decent tactile feel.... I like it!

yaroldb

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2007
I have a Macbook and really loved that keyboard. I was thrilled when the new iMac keyboards were released. I ran to my local Apple store to get one. It took them about a 2 weeks to get it (maybe less). It feels like the Macbook keyboard and I am loving it. The set up is totally different than the older keyboard and for me anyway, it feels more natural. However, there are people who hate it. I would sugguest going to a Mac store ( if you do not have one close by try Micro Center, Best Buy... so on), open Word and start typing away. See how it feels for you and how you like it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.