Imac Or Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sixtycycle, Jul 9, 2010.

1. sixtycycle macrumors newbie

I just bought 7/2/2010 the 13" MBP started recording in garage band 8 tracks at once through an Maudio 26x26 interface.
    I just got a "DRIVE TOO SLOW" error last night.
    5400 rpm drive.
    well now I want to know will the 7200 drive and more uphmm of the IMAC be a better platform?
    Bought into the Mac world so I did have issues... we'll see I guess first one in only a few days...Dont get me wrong I love the mac just wonder if i should exchange today.
    Help please asap!!!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Get an external FW800 HDD, as using your internal HDD is not recommended for such intensive work, as the OS uses the same to access files and maybe even the swap files.

Btw, one thread is more than enough, no need to make two or more about the same issues in less than two minutes / days.

3. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

watch out for garage band cutting your speakers out.

and a faster harddrive will be better, the imac's 7200 would be better.
    but you could just upgrade the hdd in your macbook pro to 7200 also.

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

First thing I did was swap the drive for a 500GB 7200. Also, have iMac 24" with ATI 4850. Awesome machine with 1TB 7200. It's great but not portable. I take the 13" on all my business trips and its very easy to take around and with the faster drive its been great.

Cheers,

5. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

You could probably spend the money on a macbookpro with SSD in it and would find greater performance out of garageband than a high-end iMac.

6. sixtycycle thread starter macrumors newbie

re

ok but with one fw port how will an external hd be in the same time as the fw audio interface?