iMac Refurbished Question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by gregpod9, Mar 12, 2013.

1. gregpod9 macrumors regular

Yesterday, I received my refurbished 21.5" iMac i5 2.9/1TB FD/Geforce GT 650 and it arrived in perfect condition. For some reason Pages, Keynote, and Numbers from the App Store were available to me at no charge. Is it standard for Apple to give out free paid apps through the Apple App Store on refurbished iMacs?

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

The machine will come with it's original configuration - if pages/numbers/keynote were part of the original order, they will be available to you! Getting extras (both hardware and software) is quite common.

Enjoy your free apps :).

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Welcome to the "refurbished store lottery". You received a Mac that someone ordered and returned, with exactly all the extras that this unknown person ordered. It would be more expensive for Apple to offer a dozen different configurations, or to remove the apps, or additional memory that has been added etc. then to just give it to you for free.

4. GXPvince macrumors regular

Refurbished is the way to go... Cheaper with the same warranty, and sometimes a little extra thrown in. :)

5. mushroomtip macrumors 6502

mushroomtip

I know the 2011 27 inch was getting double the listed ram and the high end gpu.