Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
I tried non-retina iMac and found it easier for my eyes, compared to my current usage (rMBP 13"). Anyone experience the same?

Thanks.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
If you found the non-retina "easier on your eyes", then go with what works for you.

It's really that simple.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
I am not sure, whether my experience is conclusive as I haven't used the non-retina for long time. That's the reason I am asking here.

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
You could also try a retina iMac too. I've owned quite a few monitors and I've had a few that were not simply not compatible with my eyes. Something about the panel gave me awful eyestrain, but other versions of the same monitor didn't.

As @velocityg4 suggested, I'd check to make sure that the settings are all the same. Check to see if the color temps are the same. Differing color temperatures can also make eyestrain worse. If the retina is more blue than the non-retina, try adjusting the color temp so that it's warmer. That trick has helped me before in the past with a panel that was killing my eyes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.