iMessage from wrong person.

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by byke, Feb 18, 2016.

1. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

So today I tried to FaceTime audio my father and got no luck. A minute or 2 later I got an iMessage from my dad in French ... And I thought he was pulling my leg. Anyway, messages were passed back and forth until I discovered, it wasn't my dad or from his device.

Now I have checked the message, and at the top it says it is from my dad. And if I click on the top right of the iMessage where it says "Details" it shows my fathers accurate real time "find friends" location along with all the correct details. Yet the message is from a different person.

Has anyone else had an issue of crossed wires concerning their iMessage account?

Attached Files:

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

weird. So when you hit Details and "i", it shows your dad's name and mobile number in the contact card?

arn

3. byke thread starter macrumors 6502a

byke

Yes, and his contact card comes up.
    I also have an iPad, but the message didn't display on my iPad even though it has the same account.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 18, 2016 ---
    I have also done a screen shot and cropped the picture in iMessage to show that I have 2 separate messages from my dad even though the 1927 time stamped message hasn't been from him.

Attached Files:

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Does it show which number or email was used for that conversation when you look up the contact information using that "i" icon--the number or email will be in blue (vs. black).

5. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Do you have any old numbers for your dad still listed in his contact? My daughter had some strange messages taking place and I tracked it back to the fact that she never removed old numbers for contacts. She just added the new numbers.

6. von franklin macrumors regular

von franklin

7. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

The Blue will reveal all

Feature request for Apple: make the contact method a grey subheading at the top of conversations, it'd make things a lot clearer.

8. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a