Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
I did a restore. Hopefully this message actually means something. I wish there was a way to force the indexing to happen. When is it supposed to happen? Kind of regretting my “upgrade”.

There is. Settings -> Siri & Search -> Messages - “In Search” turn off both, turn back on. Forces an index.

Reactions: DCIFRTHS

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
There is. Settings -> Siri & Search -> Messages - “In Search” turn off both, turn back on. Forces an index.
Tried that. Do the photos just magically appear in the info section after a few days or something? Does it do it while I’m plugged in and sleeping? It’s been a couple nights of charging now. I don’t have messages in the cloud turned on if that makes a difference.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Tried that. Do the photos just magically appear in the info section after a few days or something? Does it do it while I’m plugged in and sleeping? It’s been a couple nights of charging now. I don’t have messages in the cloud turned on if that makes a difference.

It took 24 hours before things showed up.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
It took 24 hours before things showed up.
Ok. It’s been a good 48hours+ for me. I don’t think it’s actually doing anything. Also have the message under photos that says to leave device locked and connected to power to finish curating photos. This is probably a glitch too.

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Just got off the phone with support. Seems this is expected behavior and the messages should start showing up eventually based on how many pictures you have per thread. Just keep the phone plugged in as much as possible. It goes hand and hand with the photos curating also.

And they are aware and have had many reports of the safari crashing issue. Should be an update soon!!!

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
And the story continues, just when I thought things shouldn’t get any worse, sure enough it has!! I received a text and for some reason I lost 7 years worth of history with that individual, it completely got deleted from my phone, all my other devices and iCloud!! I can’t believe this is happening! It’s just one individual too. This is the beginning of the end for me.i called Apple and they most likely can’t do a thing about it . I have lost complete confidence in Apple!

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
I received an update that you said it was fixed on the latest beta. Was that a typo and you changed it. I was going to ask how you get a beta
It was fixed for some threads but not for others. Hopefully they’re working on it. I paid for a developer account to download the beta.

Randalpaul

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2019
Keep us updated please
Gotcha, thanks. I continue to have recorded analysis's sent to engineering along with other diagnostics. It seems like they are trying but I agree with many others on this post that it is ridiculous that it has now been 5 weeks of fuxxxing around. I know my photos are in the thread because I was able to search a few words that I knew were at the beginning of a 3 year old thread and all the pics are there and on my computer. I am sick of waiting. I can't believe this would be so difficult and that it seems like it is just a small number of us. I wonder if a certain app is causing problems or if it is a bug....

Reactions: atlchamp

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
I called support for this the other day and they said once my photos in the photos app finish curating, my photos in the messages threads should show up too. They said they go “hand in hand together”. My photo curation progress bar has been stuck in the same spot for days. I have about 6000 photos and 500 videos for it to sift through. I hope it finishes soon. They said this is “intended behavior” and I just need to keep waiting till it is done. Sounds like a step backwards to me as iOS 12 had my messages photos indexed instantly.

Randalpaul

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2019
I called support for this the other day and they said once my photos in the photos app finish curating, my photos in the messages threads should show up too. They said they go “hand in hand together”. My photo curation progress bar has been stuck in the same spot for days. I have about 6000 photos and 500 videos for it to sift through. I hope it finishes soon. They said this is “intended behavior” and I just need to keep waiting till it is done. Sounds like a step backwards to me as iOS 12 had my messages photos indexed instantly.
That's more BS. I have 54000 photos and did 9 restore from iclouds. Some took a week to download and my last one took 3 full days with 8 hard resets. I actually tracked that at first they were doing 100 photos an hour then it was 10 per min. So buggy its scary. Jobs wouldn't tolerate this crap

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
That's more BS. I have 54000 photos and did 9 restore from iclouds. Some took a week to download and my last one took 3 full days with 8 hard resets. I actually tracked that at first they were doing 100 photos an hour then it was 10 per min. So buggy its scary. Jobs wouldn't tolerate this crap
Mine are all local. I don’t use photos or messages in the cloud.

MyNameIsPaul

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2019
Alright, so I have an issue I'm hoping you guys can help with re:indexing.

Recently updated to 13.2.2 (regret that) and I've got a couple less than desirable photos that were sent to me in a message thread. I deleted them from the thread, but when I click the (i), see all photos, the photos are still there. I can select, then press delete, and nothing happens. I'm able to delete pretty much any pic I want EXCEPT the gross ones! Can you guys provide any insight? Thanks!

imagineadam

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2011
Mine didn’t work. All of your photos are back indexed in your messages? Did you have to do any additional steps or they all populated immediately
Updated through iTunes. Phone got pretty warm for awhile right after the update and when I looked in a message thread and tapped info they started popping up! Finally. All of them are back. Phone is fine and running cool again. It must have triggered the index right after the update. Also the progress bar in my photos app that says curating moved a bit further but is now stuck again. Hopefully that will finish when I plug in and go to sleep tonight.
[automerge]1573172767[/automerge]
Alright, so I have an issue I'm hoping you guys can help with re:indexing.

Recently updated to 13.2.2 (regret that) and I've got a couple less than desirable photos that were sent to me in a message thread. I deleted them from the thread, but when I click the (i), see all photos, the photos are still there. I can select, then press delete, and nothing happens. I'm able to delete pretty much any pic I want EXCEPT the gross ones! Can you guys provide any insight? Thanks!
Hmm maybe you found a new bug?! Maybe you should have deleted them from the info section first. But it shouldn’t matter where you delete them. They should be gone from both places.

Randalpaul

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2019
Do a restore from I tunes To get the latest software and restore from iTunes and the problem will be solved.

Ipadfever

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
Do a restore from I tunes To get the latest software and restore from iTunes and the problem will be solved.
I have tried that but many of my pictures are missing on the details page of n individual . The pictures don’t all show up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.