Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HelixOmnimedia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Traveling The World
Since iOS12 I’ve noticed an ongoing bug within iMessage and the latest updated today still hasn’t addresssed it.

Now I’m wondering if it is a bug or if it’s just me.

In and iMessage, tap the “Contact” at the top and tap Info.
It’ll show locations, send receipt toggle, images etc.

When I scroll down, it will automatically “glitch” and bounce back to the top, it’s continuously happening.

Am I the only one expiring this?

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
Same issue here and has been an issue for a long time.. fixed in 12.1.1 beta 2 and then broken again. Only happens with people you share location with.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Since iOS12 I’ve noticed an ongoing bug within iMessage and the latest updated today still hasn’t addresssed it.

When I scroll down, it will automatically “glitch” and bounce back to the top, it’s continuously happening.

Something that has come up in a few places, like https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/scrolling-issue-with-12-1.2153294/

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010

It's not only you!!! It also effects ANY PHONE on 12.1+. It's annoying and horrible. Please call apple and fill out the feedback here:

https://apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

It started on 12.1! The issue with scrolling in the text thread after hitting"info" and trying to scroll through the images of a LONG thread.

When the other member mentioned this always happened, this isn't true. This is a NEW ISSUE. In the past, on older IOS's since ios 11 at least, sometimes the pics wouldn't load right away and you'd have to scroll up or down to make them load. The new issue is, as soon as you scroll down a little, it shoots you straight to the bottom instantly! It's horrible.

I came from an Iphone 6s on ios 11, and there issue wasn't there. Now in a XS with 12.1 and the issue is there and shoots you to the bottom. I've tried an iphone 6 on 12.1, same thing. Restoring is NOT going to fix. ANd I think a cloned image may be better than an icloud backup. Personally I've restored from backup every since I had an iphone 3gs! That means everytime I get a new phone, I'm restoring from backup on my computer for the past 7 years and my phones always work good.

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS. the beta firmware, that any of you can sign up for, HAS THIS SCROLLING ISSUE FIXED!! You can download it now and have this problem fixed, and it also fixes the delayed loading of pics all the way back since ios 11!!! You're welcome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.