iMessage isn't working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by christinarule, Jul 11, 2012.

1. christinarule, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

christinarule macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I have a iPhone 4 on the Verizon network and all day today I've been having issues with iMessage. I will send a message and it will take a few minutes for it to say "delivered" under it and that's even if it goes through as an iMessage. I'd say about half the time it fails and then tries to send as a text message (which fails also if the people I'm texting don't have Texting plans).

I've tried turning my iMessage on and off and rebooting my phone.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Is there anything I can do to try and resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

I'm located in PA(not sure if this matters)

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Try turning it off, wait 5 minutes and then back on...

The iMessage turn off/on button is in Settings.

3. Jahmez macrumors newbie

I seem to be having a similar problem. Started yesterday and is still causing problems today. All of my iMessages are returned as "Not Deliverable". The strange part is that people are still responding to my texts so they obviously are getting through.

I have restarted my phone numerous times as well as iMessage. I'm going to leave iMessage off for a while and see if that changes anything.

4. oclanman macrumors newbie

Same Issue

I started having issue with iMessage a few days ago as well. It started on my iPhone where it would try to send as iMessage, fail, and then send as text. I knew something was weird though because the messages would sync with my iPad as if they were iMessages. I turned iMessage off/on but nothing changed. I even reset the Network Settings on my iPhone. That did nothing either. I now have "Send as SMS" turned off on my phone. As of today my iPhone, iPad, and my Mac all do the same thing when sending an iMessage - they show not delivered for a second and then successfully send and show delivered.