iMessage trouble

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dk123, Mar 13, 2014.

1. dk123 macrumors newbie

Hi guys. I have a fem questions.

Yesterday I was texting a friend on my iPhone. I accidentally sent the person an iMessage instead of a regular text message. I usually don't like iMessage since I use an alternative for online texting, so after I while I decided to turn off iMessage so I could go back to shooting regular text messages.

I haven't heard back from the person yet, and now I'm wondering whether or not his iPhone is replying to my texts via iMessage which is now disabled on my phone.

How does this affect me? Will I receive his iMessages as regular SMS messages now? Or will he get an error if he tries to text me while I have iMessage disabled?

:confused:

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

when you send an iMessage if tries to deliver that message to the recipient, if it can't do it, it will eventually send as a text

3. dk123 thread starter macrumors newbie

But does that happen if I disable iMessage mid conversation? I've heard that iMessages will be "lost in space" when someone tries to iMessage an iPhone with that feature disabled?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It will end up sending it as text if imessage is disabled.
    If they have no texting feature or text messages are blocked on their line then the message will never arrive.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You should consider using iMessage. Doesn't generally have the issues that text have such as delayed deliveries, scrambled messages, or compressed MMS. Additionally, they are free and international.

Hands down my favorite feature of the iPhone.

As for your question, it shouldn't cause a problem. Worst case scenario resend the message.

6. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

Good to know!!