iMovie 3.0.3

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
49,627
10,927
Apple also released iMovie 3.0.3 today:

iMovie 3.0.3 provides improved performance and stability, especially on G3 processor Macs, for rendering, audio, and the Ken Burns Effect. Refinements to the Ken Burns Effect allow greater control over pan and zoom of digital images, and make it easier to crop digital stills. QuickTime 6.3 is required for improvements to audio sync and audio integrity.
 

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
647
0
The Netherlands
WOW! Appple is really unstopable with Software Updates today! But where can i find the 12.3Mb update cause on the Apple website i can only find the 80Mb's one and on SU i dont have iMovie yet.
 

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
2,045
0
Salt Lake City, UT
Originally posted by Computer_Phreak
can someone demonstrate / show me the ken burns effect?
Just move the picture around for the starting point, put the zoom, then the ending point and zoom. Then just put he speed and there you go.

P-Worm
 

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
1,914
0
New York
The iMovie update is not there, nor was the iSync update. But the Bluetooth and Quicktime updates were. Very strange.
 

MM2270

macrumors regular
May 2, 2002
119
0
New York
Not showing up in SUCP

Hmm... so far, all I've gotten today in the Software update control panel has been the Bluetooth software, which I really don't give a hoot about, since I don't have one a them thar nifty bluetooth thingies. :(

I had to manually d/l iSync 1.1 and looks like I may have to do the same with the new iMovie. I know this has been discussed at length before, but why is there always a delay in what shows up when Apple releases new updates? :rolleyes:
 

millhouse

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2002
47
0
ok, i gotta give credit to apple where credit is due, simply because each iMovie 3 update seems to speed this thing up even more, mainly in launches.

iMovie 3.0 > 28 bounces

iMovie 3.0.1 >7 bounces

iMovie 3.0.2 > still 7 bounces

iMovie 3.0.3 > 3 bounces

the team seems to be pretty good at fixing its shortcommings decently, ive yet to test rendering speed on it however, hopefully its good.
 

Vonnie

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2003
138
0
Alot faster startup, and alot faster rendering (ken burns, music, transistions). When playing in iMovie, the image doesn't go all jerky on me like it did in previous versions. Hooray!!! :)

You can also easily switch of Ken Burns if you want to add stills.
 

KershMan

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2003
262
0
VA, USA
What a speed boost!! Two bounces and NO beachball effect. And I have about 30 minutes worth of clips in the organizer.

Not bad at all. Hopefully the whole experience managing and editing clips will be faster as well.
 

stompy

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
201
1
Originally posted by KershMan
What a speed boost!! Two bounces and NO beachball effect. And I have about 30 minutes worth of clips in the organizer.

Not bad at all. Hopefully the whole experience managing and editing clips will be faster as well.

After updating to 3.02, I had to 'upgrade' to 2.1 because 3 was just ... too ... slow. Saw someone's comparison of 3.0.3 (launch times only) to previous iMovie 3 versions, but how does 3.0.3 compare to 2.1? (Not just launch times.)
 

Floop

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
153
83
How about the beeping sound?

Hey,

I was using iMovie 3.0.1 and when I imported my DV footage, I kept finding really irritating high pitched beeps, or what others have termed squeaks, at various points - all about 1 frame long.

I tried importing the footage in BTV Pro and the same thing occurred.

I downgraded to iMovie 2... and the beeps no longer appeared.

I wonder if iMovie 3.0.2 fixes this bug? I hope so. Anyone know from experience?




Floop
 

Noiseboy

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2002
213
18
Lurking nearby.
Originally posted by jholzner
Yup. That was my experience as well.
I am certainly puzzled as to why SU has all the updates for some people and not for others, including me. I have all my apps in my app folder but don't have the iMovie or the iSync (which I have been using since it's inception) updates in SU. What gives? Hmmmmm?:rolleyes:
 

rog

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
385
66
Kalapana, HI
I think this is proof that they are going to release the 970 at WWDC. Why else would they update this to improve G3 performance? They're just throwing a bone to G3 users who are going to be upset that they didn't wait for the much faster 970.

Why didn't MacBidoulle have anything about this?
 

erise

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2003
31
0
Seattle, Washington
Re: How about the beeping sound?

Originally posted by Floop
I was using iMovie 3.0.1 and when I imported my DV footage, I kept finding really irritating high pitched beeps, or what others have termed squeaks, at various points - all about 1 frame long.

I tried importing the footage in BTV Pro and the same thing occurred.

I downgraded to iMovie 2... and the beeps no longer appeared.

I wonder if iMovie 3.0.2 fixes this bug? I hope so. Anyone know from experience?[/B]
I saw the same thing in iMovie 3.0.2 on a project I was working on. I don't know if 3.0.3 fixes it because I haven't had a chance to download it yet. iMovie 2 didn't have those weird beeps. Unfortunately, the computer with the DVD burner didn't have iMovie 2 and I was in a hurry, so the beeps had to stay. :(

BTW: This is my first post here although I'm hardly a Mac newbie and have checked Mac rumor sites for around 5 years :)
 

fuge

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2002
62
0
Tacoma, WA
Originally posted by Noiseboy
I am certainly puzzled as to why SU has all the updates for some people and not for others, including me. I have all my apps in my app folder but don't have the iMovie or the iSync (which I have been using since it's inception) updates in SU. What gives? Hmmmmm?:rolleyes:
As far as I know -- you can only download iSync and i Movie from the website. Quit looking for it in update and go to Apple's website and get it.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.