Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YaddaMinski

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
So do you see the same things I'm seeing? I can't believe that the Libraries frame width isn't adjustable! My names are so cut off that I can't make sense of the titles. :-(

No, I can adjust far left "Libraries" frame to about 1/5 of window width.

When I select a Project (is it a Project or a Movie?!), iMovie 10.1 doesn't load the event(s) with associated clips, I have manually select that event. WTF?

Last edited:

mrdctaylor

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2009
No, I can adjust far left "Libraries" frame to about 1/5 of window width.

Strange. Yeah, I just tried it on my Mac at work and I'm able to adjust the width too. But I cannot do it on my home machine. Very strange. I wonder if it is SUPER laggy because I have so many projects/events. The cursor changes like it is going to allow me to resize the frame but then it doesn't.

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
3840 x 2160 is still UHD and not 4k (the last time i looked 3840 was less than 4000 ). so, will imovie be able to handle real 4k (4096*2160) resolution?

Reactions: Radio Signal

mrdctaylor

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2009
Actually, I LIED. I can only adjust the width of the left-most (Libraries) frame when I am editing a project. When I go back to "Media" I cannot adjust the width. Like I said, I get the cursor change like it wants to let me change the width, but it won't actually let me change it.

Radio Signal

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2015
Michigan
Now I can edit 4K video on my shiny new 4K iMac... With iGPUs... And 5400RPM drives...

/sarcasm
Keep your original footage on a 7,200RPM external HDD. There's quite a few featuring Thunderbolt/USB3 these days. Send your finished footage to any old external drive you have lying about. Ideal? No, if video editing is what you got a computer for, the question becomes: you got the entry level why?

CPx

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013
Actually, I LIED. I can only adjust the width of the left-most (Libraries) frame when I am editing a project. When I go back to "Media" I cannot adjust the width. Like I said, I get the cursor change like it wants to let me change the width, but it won't actually let me change it.
I can't adjust the width at all. The cursor looks like it will let me change it, but nothing happens when I drag. I think it's got to be a bug.
When I select a Project (is it a Project or a Movie?!), iMovie 10.1 doesn't load the event(s) with associated clips, I have manually select that event. WTF?
Yeah, it looks like they are trying to disassociate projects and events. For example, events are still associated with media, but projects just live in a giant list of all projects. (In other words, projects used to live inside events, but as far as I can tell, they stopped doing that.)

Tewesarino

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2015
I was super pumped and waiting for the update so i could finally edit my 60 fps video and throw it on youtube but after i got done editing and exporting in imovie i noticed imovie was just destroying the video quality to the point where even before i upload it to youtube i could hardly even tell it was 60fps!! If i compare a clip before throwing it into imovie its way better quality !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.