iMovie Refund

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by citrate, Jul 16, 2010.

1. citrate macrumors 6502

I presume that Apple will be refunding iMovie purchases as well? The app can't be used on any other device so it becomes worthless if people send their iPhone 4 back.

2. bfh123 macrumors regular

You should call them and ask them, Im sure they can answer this better than a message board.

3. citrate thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah because they've been really helpful of late!

4. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

The major lesson from today should be "contact the company directly because even if they might not be most helpful, they are certainly more helpful than anonymous complaining and placing inquiry on the Internet"

5. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

Good one.

Also ask about all the apps you purchased. . . it's all just ridiculous right? Hopefully the will give you back all the money you invested.

:rolleyes:

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Should Sony refund me for game purchases (even first party) if I return my PS3? I didn't think so either. No company would, or should be expected to, do this.

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I want a refund for the gas I used when I drove to apple to buy my phone.

8. citrate thread starter macrumors 6502

Does you PS3 not play games? That is it primary function. If it doesn't then yes the games should refunded. At least make a fair comparison.

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

its the same argument, Why can't my PS2 play the games from my PS3?

I bought a PS3, didn't like it, so I returned it and now I'm stuck with these games that my PS2 won't play.

it was clearly stated:
    [​IMG]

10. citrate thread starter macrumors 6502

You "didn't like" the PS3. That was your choice. It wasn't my choice to recieve a phone that couldn't make calls if I "hold it wrong". I've checked the manual and it doesn't tell me anywhere that I need to hold the phone in a certain way for it to function correctly.

11. citrate thread starter macrumors 6502

Point being??? Let's use your example... You buy a PS3 from a store and buy 10 games at the same time. You get home and realise that the PS3 doesn't actually play games very well, let's just say that it turns off after 5 minutes. So, you want a refund. You take it back and get a full refund for the console but you have to keep the games which aren't compatible with your old PS. Sound fair????

12. skiltrip macrumors 68030

It's like returning an iPod and then wanting a refund for the music you purchased on iTunes.

Wake up brother.

13. citrate thread starter macrumors 6502

Me wake up??? Seriously? Can you use the music on another device? Yes. Now tell me which other device will run iMovie for iPhone. With people like you buying Apple products it's no wonder they think they can walk all over their customers.

14. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Or purchasing a car want wanting a refund on the little tree air freshener. :p

Seriously, call Apple. We don't know.

15. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

You'll probably be able to use it on the iPhone 5 ;)

16. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

You're being extremely unreasonable. It was your choice to buy the App, and your choice to return your phone. You knew you would need the iPhone 4 to use that App when you purchased it. I would not expect Apple or any other company to give you money back for an app you purchased when you return your phone.

It's like asking AT&T to give back the money you spent on your iPhone because "it doesn't work on any other carrier."

Ridiculous.

17. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

How many of the apps that you've purchased require the iPhone 4 to maintain a call without dropping in order to use them? I have a feeling iMovie runs just fine on your iPhone 4, even with spotty reception.

18. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

You can get a refund just fill out the correct form on the iTunes store.

Store > View My Account > Purchase History > Report a Problem > Refund in the drop down box.

All application purchases on the iTunes store come with a "90 day refund policy"*, but be aware that you are doing it at the expense of the developer. If I recall correctly (nobody has returned anything for me yet that I know of) you are hurting the developer since Apple charges 100% of the sale price to the developer when you refund, while the developers only receive 70% of the sale price when you purchase it.

*This is the max time limit they usually allow for a refund, though there is no official policy that I know of.

19. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Let us know how it goes. Seems pretty clear to me you won't be getting your money back.

20. citrate thread starter macrumors 6502

Your example is laughable at best. Yes it was my choice to buy the app. That app will only work with one device. Apple have now admitted that there is a problem with that device and they are willing to give a full refund for it. Therefore the app is usless to anyone that accepts the refund.

If you purchased a new TV and bought a stand at the same time, got home and found that the TV was faulty, took it back to the shop for a full refund, how would you feel if they wouldn't refund you for the stand as well because "It was your choice to buy" the stand???

21. Chimpware macrumors regular

Really? You actually think that is the same?

Apple sold him iMovie, not another vendor. Apple is accepting that there is an issue with the iPhone that makes it not work well for everyone and is therefore accepting returns without their normal restocking fee, not out of pure charity, but because they should. It does not seem unreasonable that they should refund the cost of additional purchases made from Apple that only work on the phone that is being returned.

If I return my iPhone I also plan to return the case I bought from them,should I not get a refund for that as well?

22. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Why on earth would I return the stand when I could just use it for another TV? Poor analogy. But no, I would not expect them to refund the stand. Nor would they.

23. citrate thread starter macrumors 6502

That's irrelevant. Using the same example you would return a PS3 if there was no sound but yet you could still play the games.