IMPORTANT INFO: returns period MBP.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jimthing, Nov 22, 2016.

1. jimthing macrumors 6502a

jimthing

Just an important note for anyone wanted to know the ACTUAL returns period...

I ordered my 15" MBP on 27 Oct, and received today (22 Nov), yet under the "Return Items" tab on my order page it still says "Eligible for return until: 06 December 2016" (i.e. 14 days from receipt).

HOWEVER, on the "Shopping Help" page it says:
    UK: http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/help/returns_refund = US: http://www.apple.com/shop/help/returns_refund

Holiday Return Policy
    Items purchased at the Apple Online Store that are received between November 10, 2016 and December 25, 2016, may be returned through January 8, 2017. Please note that all other terms and conditions provided in the Apple Online Store Sales and Refunds Policy are still applicable with respect to such items purchased. All purchases made after December 25, 2016 are subject to the Standard Return Policy.​

I just phoned Apple, and after initially being told the date was the 14 days as per my order page, it actually is the later 8 Jan 2017 date for a return to be began by (even if it takes another few days for Apple to then organise pickup). This was confirmed by me on the phone, with the CS agent speaking first to their normal adviser (who got it wrong), then with a senior adviser (who confirmed the later 8 Jan date).

(the word "RECEIVED" is quite clear and exactly that, and not "ORDERED"(!) — commonsensical, otherwise Apple would then be giving preferential returns treatment to people ordering say the non-Tbar 13" now and getting it before those who pre-ordered a Tbar model weeks ago.)

If you need to return the MBP (or anything else received after the 10 Nov 2016) after the date shown on your order page, just phone Apple and they'll organise the return manually for you.

So don't take any bull from the website order page, or any basic CS agent's first answer if they attempt to not let you (unlikely, but anything's possible)!!

Thanks.

2. WhiteWhaleHolyGrail macrumors 6502a

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

Yes it's definitely 'received'. I ordered on 2 Nov and Apple have told me I'm
    eligible for this returns scheme as I won't take delivery until at least 7 Dec.

Nice one for highlighting it pal :)

3. jimthing thread starter macrumors 6502a

jimthing

Thanks.

...should say, I'm highly likely keeping the MBP but still wanted to be sure of the date. ;)
    But especially because I'm waiting for the LG 5K's to be finally released for sale 'sometime' in December, and then have testing time for two of them on the MBP machine.