Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lightey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
I used to have an iPad 2, and I never used it, but now that I've gotten the new iPad, I never use my MacBook Pro, and actually prefer it to that. I think it's the screen, it just looks so good, and I have no yellow tint whatsoever. Anyone else think so?

Diversion

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2007
Jacksonville, Florida
I definately will be using my iPad3 more than I used my iPad2 all because of the new display.. I can actually surf the web and read more content without zooming in.. It's less like a phone now and more like a real computer in regards to certain tasks.

celinedion1

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2012
California
I'm finding myself using my new iPad a lot more than I used my iPad 1. My iPad 1 went to my mom and she uses it constantly. :) I love my new iPad, the screen is amazing, and it's so light. Last night i was lounging on the couch playing infinity blade 2, it was fun.

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
I used to have an iPad 2, and I never used it, but now that I've gotten the new iPad, I never use my MacBook Pro, and actually prefer it to that. I think it's the screen, it just looks so good, and I have no yellow tint whatsoever. Anyone else think so?

Please post a picture of your screen, preferably next to an iPad2 with the brightness on both devices set equally.

I yet to see an iPad 3 without the "warmer" or "yellow" tint.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Please post a picture of your screen, preferably next to an iPad2 with the brightness on both devices set equally.

Who cares? If he's happy with it, leave him be. Don't turn him into a crazy, tin-foil hat wearing freak who return iPads on an endless quest for "the perfect iPad".

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010

Mine does not have a yellow tint either. In fact, if you search this forum, you'll see several photos of new iPads that don't have yellow tint.

But seriously, out of the 3 million sold this past weekend, how many could you personally have seen?

TonicAngel

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2003
California
I love my ipad too! I came from the ipad 1 and this is such an upgrade! :) Everything is so much quicker and the screen is awesome for drawing and sketching. I also do NOT have a yellow tint on mine. It is a bit warmer tint than my iphone and I prefer it, it's easier on the eyes. This was such a fantastic upgrade compared to my ipad 1. :D My poor macbook air is collecting dust on my desk. :( I have to say that airplay is awesome!!

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
Much love

Much love! :cool:

The iPad 1 was great because of its breakthrough but then the iPad 2 blew it to smithereens as it was far more capable.

The new one, it's hard to put it into objective terms. There's the good things like dictation and LTE feature but the screen....

Everyday you wake up and pick it up, reading on it is intoxicating. The rich colors, the depth and contrast is so superb.

It's a technical achievement to mass market that screen and down the line it will be a marker in the road. Right now, some get it and some don't. Those who see it know, those who don't, don't know.

What is that voodoo?

No it's the new iPad. ;)

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Mine does not have a yellow tint either. In fact, if you search this forum, you'll see several photos of new iPads that don't have yellow tint.

But seriously, out of the 3 million sold this past weekend, how many could you personally have seen?

I will look through the threads of the "yellow tint" iPads to see if some new comparison shots have been added that show an iPad3 that appears the same as an iPad2 in respect to tint.

My iPad 3 is very yellow compared to my iPad2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.