In NOTCH We Trust!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joefrank64k, Nov 3, 2017.

1. joefrank64k macrumors 6502

joefrank64k

Got my Silver 256gb iPhone X today. Upgraded from a 7+

I’ve had every iPhone since the original (well, I didn’t get the 8/8+, haha!!), and every Plus model since the 6.

Holy smokes...the iPhone X is simply the best iPhone ever made.

- FaceID? What was everyone worried about again?? I don’t even want to remember TouchID anymore, haha!!

- No Home Button?? Yeah...no Home Button, baby!! Using my iPad Pro is like stepping backwards in time, haha!! Click, TouchID, double-click for app switching, hold it somehow for Apple Pay. No thanks.

- The Notch? Loving the Notch!! In Notch We Trust!! Is it just me, or does every app that hasn’t been updated for the X suddenly look like yesterday’s news?? I LOVE how apps wrap up and around the Notch!! Brilliant move by Apple.

- Speed? Yes, please.

- Display? It’s simply stunning. TrueTone is almost worth the price of admission by itself, haha!! Touch responsiveness, color, contrast, etc is off-the-charts.

- Silver?? This is my first silver iPhone since the original. I couldn’t stand the white screens of the non-black/slate/Space Gray models. The X looks beautiful in Silver. The polished stainless band is 2007 OG all-the-way, haha!! Glass back is easy to hold. The whole thing feels ultra-premium. I always run caseless and will continue to do so with the X. It’s too nice to cover up (silicone case for biking and running, though haha!!)

I’m stoked with the X...and so looking forward to what next year will bring, haha!!

Next stop.. HomePod, haha!!

To everyone who snagged an X (yes, I say “ex” not “ten”) on launch day, congrats!! To those still waiting...good luck and IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT!! :D

2. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

3. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

I agree with all your positive points about the iPhone X. It really is a stellar phone. I also got the silver and I think it’s a beauty!

4. Act3 macrumors 68000

No need to double click or even use the home button other than touching it to unlock iPad with iOS 11. Swipe up gets to multitasking and allows access to home screen

5. rafark macrumors 6502a

rafark

That's exactly what I've been saying these last months. The notch was the best they could have made with current tech.

6. winmac2015 macrumors member

I was a little skeptical of the notch I won’t lie, but man did they tie it in together.

And it was weird as soon as I turned on the iPhone I noticed the True Tone and was like hmm, maybe I should turn it off. But as of now I’m totally used to it and the can finally appreciate it.

Well done Apple. Was definitely worth the wait. And this is coming from someone who originally started with Android, and had wireless charging back with the HTC Droid DNA.

7. Trojita macrumors member

The notch is terrible and you sound deranged haha!!

8. winmac2015 macrumors member

Speaking of deranged....

9. hrv888 macrumors 6502

How do I remove the ... that the notch is causing? I don’t mind seeing a lot of things on the notch area but that ... is annoying

10. Trojita macrumors member

True or false: He sounds like a character from Speed Racer.

11. CjonesHouston macrumors 65816

CjonesHouston

I’m loving my new toy. Only a software tweak here and there. Will make me happier. Battery percentage shown in top of Phone instead of battery symbol would be a great update.

12. winmac2015 macrumors member

LMAO. Ah you got me there I won’t lie. That was a good one lol.

13. I’mpaced Suspended

I’mpaced

Maybe it’s me but True Tone is way to yellow me. By the time I’ve adjusted it, I mine as well just turn it off

14. augustya macrumors 68030

augustya

Amen ! Man ! Amen ! I am speechless !! What to say ?? and where to start from ?? I am that awestruck !! :eek:

15. Trojita macrumors member

;)

16. Astrotrain macrumors newbie

Astrotrain

My first day with my X and I have no issues to report. For me, it has lived up to the hype. My previous iPhone was a run-of-the-mill 6, so the difference is like night and day. Even Megatron (who up until today was an X skeptic) wants one now!

17. daydayvol macrumors regular

I’m really enjoying it as well. The home button being gone feels so natural. It is weird that I don’t even miss it at all. Some of the gesture are taking getting used to but overall easy to learn and natural feeling.

18. cwwilson macrumors 65816

cwwilson

Embrace the Notch!

Seriously this phone is incredible in every aspect. The Notch is actually appealing to me now, no other phone has it, makes it very unique to the feel of the device as a whole.

19. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

The notch is not appealing to me at all. In portrait mode, my eyes go straight to it. Maybe I’ll get used to it...

20. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I have to agree, this is absolutely the best iPhone Apple have ever made. It’s a stunning design, face ID is mind blowing and the screen is just amazing!

21. ZipZap macrumors 603

Some drop tests have the phone surviving just fine but not the electronics in the notch.

22. CjonesHouston macrumors 65816

CjonesHouston

23. ET3SW macrumors regular

I thought the same exact thing!

24. Cashmonee macrumors 65816

Cashmonee

I wouldn't go so far as to say embrace the notch. However, I will say, I like the idea of using the space to the sides for things like time, carrier, etc instead of the bar across the top, and it is not nearly as offensive looking as I thought it would be. I only really see it if I am thinking about it. This tells me once the phone is not new, the notch won't even be a thing. I will say though, I do not like it with full screen, landscape. I think the best thing to do is a software fix for rotating to landscape that keeps content out of the horns. They do that, and I think I may embrace the notch.

25. palmerc2 macrumors 68000

palmerc2

There’s a 99.9% chance if a top tier Android phone came out with a notch Apple fanboys would never stop making fun of it.