In-Store Mac Pro Customization

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by -BigMac-, Apr 18, 2011.

1. -BigMac- macrumors 6502a

-BigMac-

Hi guys,
    going to pick up a new Mac Pro this week. They have it in-store, i asked. Forgot to ask them one question.. can i choose to take out the wired keyboard and change it with a wireless one?

Anyone tried doing this? I don't particularly want to do a CTO for a simple keyboard swap.

2. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

I have never tried it, but I would think it would not hurt to ask.

3. -BigMac- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-BigMac-

yea i dont have time to visit an Apple store before wednesday (when i'm buying it), and their phonelines are always '+8 people infront of me in waiting' so i gave up on calling them after about 10 minutes of waiting :(

Wouldnt want to go there on wednesday only to find out i have to CTO. Would dieeeee

4. ZilogZ80 macrumors 6502a

If it was any other store I would say no but Apple are famously accommodating (and probably more so if you've just spent thousands on a Mac Pro).
    Then again, if you can afford said thousands, just buy the bluetooth keyboard separately and keep the wired as a spare!

5. -BigMac- thread starter macrumors 6502a

-BigMac-

I hope they are :)
    That is not a bad idea.. but i'm planning to spend the left over $300 on some extra ram :D
    If they aren't accommodating then i might just have to cancel my purchase ;)

6. jenzjen macrumors 68000

This. I had my BT module act up once, so if I didn't have the wired one in the closet, I would have been stuck until Best Buy opened the following day to buy a wired one.

7. frozentundra macrumors newbie

I did a similar thing recently when I purchased an iMac from my local Apple Store.

I wanted a full keyboard with number pad. The iMac came with the basic
    wireless keyboard.

They sold me the full keyboard and then credited me the amount so it
    cost $0. I actually left with both keyboards because the original was left
    in the iMac box