In-Store Pickup and Apple Upgrade Program question!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djty392, Sep 19, 2016.

1. djty392 macrumors newbie

Has anyone done it where they signed up for the Apple Upgrade Program online and preordered their phone online, got stuck in Preparing for Shipment, but went in store and picked it up anyway?

I have an appointment at 12pm to pick up my phone but I was wondering if you ran into any trouble when you got into the store with signing up for the Apple Upgrade Program when I've already basically "enrolled" in it online. I would still like to enroll in it but since I technically ordered one already, will they just forget about that since I can't cancel it? I know I can return it once it arrives though.

2. meyer1131 macrumors regular

You have to cancel your pre order, and then resign up for the apple upgrade program- problem is it's a new loan so another hard check on your credit

3. likeseriously macrumors newbie

It actually shouldn't be another inquiry on your credit report. A lender has 30 days of basically unlimited access to your report before they have to make another "hard" inquiry. Since preorders were 9/9, they wouldn't need a new inquiry when you cancel the first loan and signing up again in the store. I did something similar last year (I bought a phone at launch on the program and swapped out for a new phone a week later) and Citizen's One only showed up once on my credit report.

4. meyer1131 macrumors regular

Unfortunately, (but fortunately) they had apple 7 Pluses up in the Atlantic City apple store in NJ and my parents were down the shore for the weekend. When my dad was in store the guy was giving him all sorts of troubles with everything and he told me he would have to run another hard check against my credit, my dad said screw that and just paid for the phones outright (my mom and I both got 7plus) so I now have a new apple program through papa.

Kinda bummed now that I am not on the upgrade program, but I guess I will just sell and start again when the 8 comes!

5. mark824 macrumors member

Anyone else getting service is currently unavailable message when using the iPhone Reserve and Pick up site? I have tried several states, carriers and iphones and I get the same message:

We’re sorry, but this service is currently unavailable.

6. meyer1131 macrumors regular

I reserved mine through one of the off sites that someone had posted (cant find the link right now) but it allowed me to search and reserve okay when the normal site was down

7. djty392 thread starter macrumors newbie

I reserved one from my local store but now it shows up as not in stock on iStockNow. Am i still ok then?

8. meyer1131 macrumors regular

what site did you use?

9. djty392 thread starter macrumors newbie

You mean to reserve? Apple.com. I reserved it at like 3am last night. My local Apple store had some in stock so I reserved one. But now they aren't showing up on iStockNow. Just making sure that I should be ok when I go into the store.

10. meyer1131 macrumors regular

There were a few reservation sites floating around these forums, some worked while others didnt as far as allowing for inventory. But if you got the email from Apple you should be okay!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 19, 2016 ---
    you can also look up your reservation on apples site