iPad in store pickup on friday

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TroyBoy30, Oct 28, 2013.

1. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

Has anyone confirmed if we will or wont be able to do in store pick up for the air this friday? I would think allowing it would cause a whole bunch of pissed off people in line. I did call my local apple store and there are not special hours. I can't decide if i should jump in line friday or just order online and wait a few days for it to ship. what time do online orders go live?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I thought in-store pickup was not available on launch day. It's been a while since I've bought a new iOS device so I could be wrong.

I didn't think there was a way to bypass the line or what is assumed to be a line come launch day.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

I asked my dog and he wagged his tail, so it seems it's confirmed.

Or I could say my brother's girlfriend's aunt's neighbor's son is an Apple employee and confirmed you could.

Either way means nothing until you see an official announcement from Apple (which would be plastered across this forum) or online ordering opens up and you see the option listed. :D

Could Apple do it? Sure. IMHO it's highly improbable unless there are NO supply constraints whatsoever.

4. Bokes macrumors 6502

Call Apple.
    I did- they said orders online launch day will ship to store.
    In store inventory is reserved for in store customers.

I'm a few blocks away so I'll walk over a bit before 8am.
    IMO- here in NYC- yeah I'll most likely have to wait in line- but in NYC you always have to wait in line. Launch day or not.
    I highly doubt they will run out day one in the first few hours.

When I bought my iPad 3- I waltzed in on launch day- around lunch time-very short line. I was in and out. Plenty of iPads in stock. no worries.

5. djkarizmatik macrumors newbie

ipad

from what i've seen in the past, u can go to store at 8am of course and get in line or u can usually order online that same morning at about 3am EST. if u can jump in and get your order through within the first 15-30 min, usually you'll get it in a week, otherwise, the later you wait to order online, the later the shipping gets pushed back.

6. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Of course, on the iPad 3, they had pre-orders, too... So all those people that normally would have pre-ordered will be trying to pick up on day one as well.

Clint

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

True, but certain models will, esp WiFi + LTE. I waited in line at the iPad 2 launch b/c there were no preorders. I was about #75 in line and by the time staff got to me with the reservation cards the ATT 32GB models were already running thin -- not neccesarily b/c they were popular but because fewer were shipped to that store. This is also seen with iPhones where ATT and VZW models sell out way before TMob and Sprint.

8. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

What time does online orders start on Friday? 3 am EST? I would be sooo happy for in store pickup on launch day.

9. mattburley7 macrumors 68020

i talked to apple and it sounds like we wont be able to do online orders for instore pick up on the same day it will be a few days after you order before you can pick up at the store :mad: might as well just ship to my house then :rolleyes:

10. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

im torn ordering online for instore pickup or just going to the sore launch day. I am in Manhattan but cant miss too much work time. Doubt if I went to the apple store at 730am I would be in at work by 9.

11. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

I can't decide if I want to wait in line Friday morning or take my chances and try to get one at the mall Apple Store or Best Buy later in the day. I'm wondering how much they expect supplies to be constrained.

12. cmjars macrumors 6502

I am going to place an order at 12:01 am then go in the morning and get in line and if they do have it at the store I will cancel on online order.

13. djkarizmatik macrumors newbie

my friend did that with the iphone 5s cmjars.
    he ordered online thru apple at 3am EST. then went into an AT&T store in the morning and there was no line.
    the only catch was that he had to call and cancel his apple order in order to purchase the phone at the at&t store since their system was saying he already purchased it, thus he wasn't eligible for the contract pricing.
    small headache but he got what he wanted on launch day while tons of folks waited at the apple store.

14. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Not necessarily. I'm just fine with ordering online as long as the wait time isn't more than 1 week. I'll likely stay up midnight (PST) on November 1. If not, it's my day off and there are two Apple Stores within walking distance of the house (and a T-Mobile store in the same mall as one of the Apple Stores). :p

15. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

My apologies... Not EVERYONE who would normally have pre-ordered will be in line on Friday. :)

Clint

16. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

I work literally right next to the East 14th Street Apple Store and I am wondering this same thing for Friday. It will be my first iPad, so I am antsy to get it ASAP (although my wife has had her original iPad for several years now - I never used it much, especially not now since it is incredibly slow).

I could have sworn I read a different thread here that an in-store pick up option will be available on Friday. Guess time will tell.

17. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Ah here we go. "Use the Apple Store app to order iPad Air and get free shipping or in-store pickup..."

Attached Files:

18. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Exactly! In the photo it says on 11/1 comin in store or order online for in store pickup. I'm assuming that means store pick up on 11/1,but at 12:01am pst we'll see.

19. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I will definitely be waiting by the computer for the iPad mini in retina.

20. aypues macrumors regular

I just called my local Apple Store and they confirmed that if you use the app to order you skip the line (if any) on launch day. You will be given an order # once you pay for it with your credit card. Just bring that in and it will be held for you.

21. sonvolt10 macrumors newbie

Anyone in NYC try Tekserve and/or BH Photo on a release day?

22. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Great. That means I won't even have to get out of bed to get onto my Mac to order. Will just set an alarm for 3am on my phone, place the order, then go back to sleep!

23. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

24. redman042 macrumors 68020

Well I'll be damned. Nice, Apple!

See you at the store Friday afternoon. Looking forward to a nice weekend with my new Air.