in the next mbp revision... according to me

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TreRep, Oct 30, 2010.

1. TreRep macrumors regular

TreRep

the next mbp revision will change the look of the chassis according to me...
    if you read all carefully it is clear that the mba 2010 will modify the entire apple vision of laptops...
    i think they will get for sure the unibody alu also on the screen like MBA
    then 13.3 must have the new high res... i saw my old macbook pro early 2010 and it looks really blurry after working with the new MBA

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It may happen or it may not. The first MBA was an indicator on where the MBP line will go, but know, that the Aluminium design before the Unibody, stayed with use for 70 months and the current design of the MBPs is just 24 months old, thus we might be "stuck" with it a bit longer.

But there are already dozens of similar threads about this, maybe you can look at some of them.

MRoogle is a good tool to search these fora for already existing threads about questions you have. It might be able to answer you quicker than waiting for an answer.

3. animatedude macrumors 65816

the unibody design of the MBPs is the best design Apple ever created and THE best simple sexy design in the history of laptops.any major change on that will ruin it but yes i can seem changing it to the awful wedge design of the Air.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

To me, it looks like the Macbook Air was changed to look more like the current Macbook Pro. Whatever they do, I hope they don't make a key on the keyboard a power button.

5. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I would be surprised if new MBP didn't look somewhat more similar to the new MBA's. The HD may be gone and replaced by the flash storage (at least for OS) plus a space for an HD/SSD. An app store is coming...and with that the internal SuperDrive is going. We'll see about the wedge shape as the MBP needs to be based on a more recent CPU architecture (compared to MBA) and thus the need for a better cooling and battery capacity.

6. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    How can a macbook be a desktop replacement if there are no optical drives?... I think they will stay for a while.

7. applepearpp macrumors regular

a MBP is meant for a laptop, not a desktop. MBP can take the role of a primarily computer, but that's certainly not what Apple has in mind for MBP. Apple markets the MB as a primarily computer while the MBP as a more travel power station. you can see that from the different kinds of people that buy MB and MBP.

8. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

SJ will sell or rent you all the media content your heart may desire - no optical drive required. You need to install some s/w? Well, there is an app store coming your way.... ;)

9. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I'm sorry but I don't agree with that at all. I personally think:

MBP/iMac = Primary computer for most people
    MB = students' primary computer, secondary for others
    MP = power users
    MBA = 13" could be primary for some people, 11" probably secondary/third computer

MBP are just too expensive to be seen as mostly a secondary computer IMHO.