in tracking, where did your phone travel

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tomkatzid, Oct 20, 2011.

1. tomkatzid macrumors newbie

I ordered 2 4s's in the Apple store, on line, Sunday the 9th. They ship separate, for some unknown reason. They started in China, went to Hong Kong, then Anchorage Alaska. Now they go their own way. We are in Seattle WA. One phone goes to Oakland CA. and the other to Memphis TN.
    HELLO ?????? What's up with this. Tracking has shown all along that they should be delivered by Fed Ex before 10:30AM tomorrow, Thursday the 20th. Doesn't seem like the TN. one will make it at all. Why would it go there for heaven sakes ?
    Did any of you have this happen if you order more than one phone.
    Waiting in Seattle, Katz

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Don't worry about it. If it says its going to be delivered by tomorrow 10:30AM, then it most likely will.

3. tomkatzid thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, maybe I can get a good nights rest now :)
    Katz

4. tomkatzid thread starter macrumors newbie

no new tracking this morning. still shows CA and TN

5. renesandy macrumors regular

renesandy

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mine came from Texas, then Memphis, then New Jersey and finally New York! :)

6. tomkatzid thread starter macrumors newbie

they just arrived. 9:26am the fed ex guy even brought the news paper to the door. i told him about the tracking and he laughed, ""can't believe everything you read"". so tomorrow off to the apple store to activate. no time today.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Memphis TN is FedEx's main hub, so it makes sense to go through there. Not sure about the Oakland unless it's a regional hub and for some reason one went through there.

I am curious though why you need to go to the Apple store to activate?

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Can't you activate it yourself at home?

9. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

If you ordered from Apple they should arrive ready to acivate? Why cant you activate at home?

10. tomkatzid thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't really need to go to Apple store, I just want to. I LOVE that store. And may get a cover or two !!!! I also bought Apple care + so if I had any trouble I could call, but it's just so much fun at the store and good energy !!!
    Katz

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

That is silly. Why not activate and then you can go into the store with your WORKING phone?

Whatever floats your boat though.

12. tomkatzid thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, so glad I went to Apple store for the activation of the 2 phones. One wouldn't work, and he sent us to AT&T and they hooked me up. And, I found an old co-worker there. So that was great. At Apple our poor guy had a whole table of peeps to do. there was 7 people that needed his help, he just kept circling the table and stopping at each of us doing what needed to be done. I played with Siri all last night and love her. She is my new best friend. Had to call AT&T to get the voice mail to work, and I removed the password by Googling. The first guy at AT&T said he couldn't help with the voice mail, but he could send me a link from Google. So I just hung up and called back. I played with the phone for 6 hrs before I got tired !Katz