In what condition is your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by apwtwenty, Oct 3, 2011.

?

In what condition is your iPhone in?

1. flawless (have had a case on it most of the time)

77 vote(s)
    49.0%
  2. 1 or 2 small scratches

51 vote(s)
    32.5%
  3. a lot of nicks/scratches

23 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. cracked screen and/or back glass

6 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

if this has been asked b4, sorry:eek:

i'm curious how careful have you been with your iphone?

and also, how long have you had your phone:apple:

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

1-2 tiny scratches on the back, and 1 tiny scuff on the antenna due to grit getting in my case. The screen is flawless, though.

3. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

4. mom333 macrumors regular

I have a 3GS (got it on release day) and it's always been in a case and always had a screen protector. Remove those and it looks nearly new. I need to start looking at Ebay and Craig's list to see if it's worth selling, or if it should become an iPod for the kids.

5. shikari89 macrumors member

shikari89

6. brodas macrumors regular

Same here stupid bumper actually scratched it more

7. estockme macrumors regular

does gorilla glass need a stick-on screen protector at all, or is it immune to things like keys, coins and tabletops? At some point i noticed that my screen looked like crap because the protector itself is all scuffed up...

8. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

ive had my mophie juicepack on my 4 almost the entire time ive had it and somehow theres a scratch on the back....I have no idea how it got there but it pisses me off everytime I see it.

9. mobutt macrumors 6502

cracked screen on top and a bunch of nicks lol, i recently stopped caring and now i regret it :(:eek:

10. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Unlike some here[on Macrumors] I actually use my phone and thus it has signs of wear and usage all over it. No cracks or chips in the glass, but plenty of scratches on the glass and scrapes in the aluminum antenna. And I find it pretty pathetic when people over-exaggerate when getting a scratch on their PHONE.

11. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

My 3GS has a few scratches on the front, nothing too bad, some cracks and nicks on the back (a deep one right in the middle of the apple) and cracks at the dock connector and headphone jack.

12. RyanRKips macrumors newbie

RyanRKips

I have had a screen protector on my iPhone 4 and an otter box case on it since purchasing. My iPhone is flawless and just as sexy as when I bought it.

13. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

14. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

I have one tiny chip in the plastic bezel surrounding the iphone 4's glass face. The rest of the phone is flawless, much much better than the previous three iPhones.

Every iPhone has been a launch day iPhone, and none have ever had a case or screen protector.

15. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

My 3GS has had a different cases and one screen protector on it since its release day. The screen is flawless, but the actual phone is still super scratched up, somehow...

16. DagazaGZ macrumors regular

DagazaGZ

Cracked back and front from dropping it once. I have the apple stickers on holding all the glass in place. Hoping the next iPhone uses better glass.

17. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

let's put it this way, if you take a look at it right now you would think that it was bought today. Same with the wife's.

18. fizzwinkus macrumors 6502a

I don't know how true it is, but I've always felt that a case will scuff your iPhone up pretty well. It's turning every little bit of dust and sand that falls in into sandpaper.

Cases are for keeping your phone alive after a drop, they don't help its appearance.

19. Jemi9OD macrumors regular

Jemi9OD

Flawless, but cannot use as a phone due to callers not able to hear.

20. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

Mine is F!***d. Im taking it out and shoot it with my 10MM and hang it from my desk if there is anything left lol

21. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I have had my bumper case on my iPhone 4 for all but 3 months since it came out. I have quite a few scratches on the metal casing. I just toss it in my pocket, only thing in there so no idea how I got so many scratches. Oh well!

22. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

I'm pretty sure you're 100% right. I thought it would protect my phone from scratches as well, but not really.

It makes me want to reconsider the Speck case on my MBP...

23. timotay89 macrumors regular

24. rudedude macrumors newbie

rudedude

Even with a case on, I've found that it's impossible to keep my iPhones/iPods from gaining a few small scratches.

25. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Got my 3GS on release day & never put a case on it. The screen has a scratch & the back has a crack & a ton of nicks. No big deal for me. It's a phone, not a museum piece. I get wanting to protect your phone, but I'm not going to flip out if it gets a nick or a ding.

BTW...over 2 years with no case & I have never had to replace the screen.