Incase Origami Workstation

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by KoukiFC3S, Mar 26, 2011.

1. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

Just got my Incase Origami Workstation. It's a protective case for the Apple wireless keyboard and also acts as a stand when you use it.

It's really useful for those long emails. Works great with my iPad 2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I saw these at Best Buy the other day, looks pretty nice.

3. gameboy213 macrumors 6502

gameboy213

I have to say that looks pretty cool. Don't think I'd have a use for it but nice idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. kalex macrumors 65816

Ah thats what I saw at best buy yesterday. Couldn't figure out what it was first but now it makes sense. Not bad

5. KoukiFC3S thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea I got a 30% off coupon from their Facebook page so it only came out to $22 shipped.

6. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Very cool, I like that a lot. I have a leather case for the Apple keyboard I bought on eBay for about $18 that works okay but since it's soft I don't really like the fact that the keys can be pressed while it's in my bag. I usually carry it plus a Belkin Flipblade stand which works pretty well, but I like the idea of only having to carry one item.

Is this case hard by any chance, or can the keys still get pressed while you're carrying the keyboard in it?

7. jbiz macrumors member

it's a hard shell (reminds me of the front part of the cover of the original apple brand ipad 1 case), has some minor flex, I just picked up 2 at the apple store.. works great.. just check the alignment before you leave the apple store an the velcro.. i just exchanged 2 of them. My bottom left corner of the keyboard was sticking out a tiny bit on one (you would have to pull the case closed to get it to line up), the other was fine for alignment except as soon as i got home the velcro glue came off one of the tabs..

went back and the swapped them no problem, both are perfect now.. would definately recommend them.. especially since they not only protect the keyboard, but works with most [any] ipad case (since it just props it up).. as well as in portrait or landscape..

i was looking at the case/keyboard combos, but i dont always want a keyboard.. so the was the perfect compramise.

8. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Cool, thanks for the info. I agree with you about the keyboard. I only carry mine about 10% of the time - when I know I'll be doing serious writing and not have my laptop. It would be nice to have this case because sometimes I forget my portable stand and that's always a pain.

9. jbiz macrumors member

it basically removes the need for a portable stand for me.

10. triplecore1 macrumors member

Would you be able to share the coupon code? Or is it a private coupon code? One last question how sturdy is the stand?

Thanks very much

11. KoukiFC3S thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was a once time coupon, I got it from http://www.facebook.com/goincase.

The stand is really sturdy. The triangular shaped combined with the velcro makes it rock solid.

12. talkingfuture macrumors 65816

talkingfuture

Thats quite a clever idea, they should do an iPad only one that folds back in the same way. Would be a lot sturdier than the Apple cover/stand I would imagine.

13. triplecore1 macrumors member

whoo you got it for a steal at $22 I guess that was limited price, because now its $40 ship. For once something is cheaper ordering directly from Apple lol. To bad 3-4 week wait now...

14. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Picked up at BB after one of their reps suggested it (local apple store didn't have a clue about it). Nice little solution for me....think I may velcro it to the back of my ipad2 shell/case.

I like the apple bt so much more than the zagg for anything but the briefest of dispatches, but I ended up leaving it my briefbag and clutching the ipad when I ran out with a handful of files for out of the office.

Was tempted to save a couple of bucks and wait on apple, but since it's for work, it's a tax exemption...Nice that it works on both models of the ipad, and doesn't interfere with the smart cover.

15. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Cool! I want one but Apple online is out of stock, Amazon doesn't have any prices or stock although it shows up in the Amazon search and Incase direct is too expensive (Shipping is $10). Best Buy online also doesn't list anything.

I guess I could call my local best buy. Any other suggestions on where to get one would be appreciated.

If I get one of these hopefully I can sell my current keyboard case on eBay or something (it's nice but does not have a built in stand).

16. jbiz macrumors member

apple store usually has it, at least the 2 by me.

17. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

18. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I hate going into the mall where the closest Apple store to me is, so I might just wait and try to find it online, unless I end up over there for another reason.

They are finally building a separate non-mall store in my area but no idea when it'll be open... :(

19. jbiz macrumors member

do you have the SKU from BB? people can call with that to check inventory

20. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

cl57934

21. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

22. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

That's the model number not the sku. It does not show up online but i called my local BB and they do have it in stock, however it's $40. Did you pay that much? I thought the suggested retail price was $30?

23. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Yes, I was moderately price gouged by Best Buy. Figured it was their devil's due for getting a nice accessory in before apple store or anyone else. If they drop the price, I'll ask for a partial refund.

24. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

The other thing I can't help but noticing is how the portable keyboard REALLY matches the white iPad. I've got black, but I'll just deal with it.

25. ahideg macrumors newbie

If you can show them proof that a brick and mortar store sells it for less, Best Buy will price match. I got my Targus stylus dropped from $17.99 to 8.99 because Sears sold it for that. (Or it was a misprint on their site)